Patch 3703 Beta

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Patch 3703 Beta

Postby Farmsletje » 15 Apr 2019, 13:45

Ecthelon wrote:Well the response to the majority of these changes has been overwhelmingly negative. I guess we'll see how much the opinions of the players actually matter.

What majority? Have you even read the topic?
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Ecthelon » 15 Apr 2019, 13:50

Farmsletje wrote:
Ecthelon wrote:Well the response to the majority of these changes has been overwhelmingly negative. I guess we'll see how much the opinions of the players actually matter.

What majority? Have you even read the topic?

Okay the earliest pages were more positive. My bad.

What were the reasons for the changes to torps, shields and making the scathis a stay-in-base unit? These discussions would be more productive if everyone knew.
Ecthelon

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Ecthelon

Postby Morax » 15 Apr 2019, 14:06

Only thing missing from this patch is deleting Aeon.

Nerfing static structures is the way this game needs to go so it's back to the original joy of throwing massive robot armies at each other.

The whole "turtling to eco and win with the big toys" has plagued team games for too long.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Farmsletje » 15 Apr 2019, 14:16

@apofenas

uef has the weakest destro
cybran has the weakest cruiser (even after buff)
sera has the weakest battleship
aeon has the weakest frig

Surprisingly only the last one is heresy
And yes, i know that frigs are the backbone of
any navy. I don't disagree that the frig might need a buff in the future, but for now it's best to see how the current navy buffs will turn out.

Ecthelon wrote:Okay the earliest pages were more positive. My bad.

What were the reasons for the changes to torps, shields and making the scathis a stay-in-base unit? These discussions would be more productive if everyone knew.

Static t2 shields got a big nerf because they were simply way too strong. You could easily hold of a t4 by spamming them with some bp. Also because of the insane recharge rate they would blink back on in a second, which means that overlapping shields could basically keep themselves alive almost permanently. This is also a nerf to firebases since those were quite a problem in teamgames.

Scathis has always been a problem child because it either was OP if the enemy base was in range, or was absolutely useless cause it wasn't. Nerfing it so that it wouldn't be OP would basically result in it being a 2nd cybran t3 arty (except a little fancier) which would add nothing to the game. Since cybran has always been lacking a game ender the scathis could fill in that slot, which is why all it's stats, masscost, hp, etc have been made similar to other game enders. It still retains some movement which can be very helpfull for relocating your scathis to a new position if the initial position was falling either to enemy arty fire or to nukes.

Torp bombers have always been insanely mass efficient vs navy to the point that if your air player were to lose air your first reaction would be "well i guess i'll wait with my push for 5-10 min since i will just get obliterated by torp bombers". Torp bombers are still good after the nerf, just not AS good as they were before.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Apofenas » 15 Apr 2019, 14:43

Farmsletje wrote:@apofenas

uef has the weakest destro
cybran has the weakest cruiser (even after buff)
sera has the weakest battleship
aeon has the weakest frig

Surprisingly only the last one is heresy
And yes, i know that frigs are the backbone of
any navy. I don't disagree that the frig might need a buff in the future, but for now it's best to see how the current navy buffs will turn out.

And i don't say that aeon frigate needs to be the best of all. I'm not proposing that.

Torpedo defence is not that big of advantage to make up for lack of AA, but at least it works now. However - you still get lowest HP for highest price with longest build time.

It is ok to have worst frigate. It is not ok to pay more for it.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Cuddles » 15 Apr 2019, 15:18

Apofenas wrote:It is ok to have worst frigate. It is not ok to pay more for it.

import taxes.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby Voodoo » 15 Apr 2019, 15:20

I don't know if all these changes were necessary but the tactical missle and nuclear missle change were long overdue. So I like most of the changes.
Voodoo

Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 344 times
FAF User Name: Voodoo

Postby Lenkin » 15 Apr 2019, 18:37

Scathis needs to be improved because it doesn't break through the shields. https://youtu.be/fScQTFOReRA?t=245 only 10 km map and it seems useless.
Lenkin
Contributor

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Saske_kaske

Postby Turinturambar » 15 Apr 2019, 18:53

it broke through after 4-5 salvos.
spread is the same for all ranges, so it doesnt change on 20x20.
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby AFGHANPSYCHO » 15 Apr 2019, 20:02

Morax wrote:Only thing missing from this patch is deleting Aeon.

Nerfing static structures is the way this game needs to go so it's back to the original joy of throwing massive robot armies at each other.

The whole "turtling to eco and win with the big toys" has plagued team games for too long.

So because you don't enjoy a certain style of play, it should be ruined for everyone else? A big part of the game is ecoing, of course people will do what they can to ensure they can eco. Throwing units at each other is just gifting away mass.
AFGHANPSYCHO
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: AFGHANPSYCHO

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion