Re: Patch 3703 Beta

Postby advena » 27 Apr 2019, 00:36

Platinumizer wrote:
advena wrote:Boooooooooring

exactly why not try balance to balance more fun instead of actual balance

That's also a matter of balance
Players play for fun you know 8-)
But no balance = no fun

If Cybran have lived good without gameender to this point why not try and create something really unique?
advena
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: advena

Postby FtXCommando » 27 Apr 2019, 01:04

Your scathis suggestion doesn’t make any sense.

First, you say arty game ender is boring and consider yolo an arty for some reason when it’s a nuke. The salvation is basically the shooting component of a paragon so there never really was a period where a game-ender doesn’t end in arty or nukes. Why would it anyway? Why spend 200k mass on something that could be a mass donation to the enemy?

Then your “fun” suggestion is just making it an arty with some sort of burst damage. That’s like, what it currently is. That’s what AoE is and scathis already has a super high AoE. Reverting it to all old stats will result in it not being used at all. The problem with old scathis is that it either was the linear path to win all late game 10x10 teamgames or it has no use at all. The current scathis is an attempt to sidestep that conundrum by giving it the range and thus the typical gameender cost so that it can see usage on 20x20 and potentially 10x10 without overpowering one gametype.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby advena » 28 Apr 2019, 01:14

FtXCommando wrote:(1)Your scathis suggestion doesn’t make any sense.

First, you say arty game ender is boring and consider yolo an arty for some reason when it’s a nuke (2). The salvation is basically the shooting component of a paragon so there never really was a period where a game-ender doesn’t end in arty or nukes. Why would it anyway? Why spend 200k mass on something that could be a mass donation to the enemy?

Then your “fun” suggestion is just making it an arty with some sort of burst damage. That’s like, what it currently is. That’s what AoE is and scathis already has a super high AoE. Reverting it to all old stats will result in it not being used at all. The problem with old scathis is that it either was the linear path to win all late game 10x10 teamgames or it has no use at all. The current scathis is an attempt to sidestep (3) that conundrum by giving it the range and thus the typical gameender cost so that it can see usage on 20x20 and potentially 10x10 without overpowering one gametype.

Numbers inside quote

1. Can be true.
My point is that to be usable scatis need to move faster in exchange for cost/damage
Burst damage only to give deploy - burst - move - deploy - burst - repeat sequence.
For 10x10 it will not be OP (cus of cost or damage nerf)
For 20x20 it will not be shit (cus of mobility)

2. I meant stationary and infinite range.
I whant a mobile gameender. Post patch scatis will be stationar.

3. Actually it's a step back. Scatis had infinite range before
advena
Crusader

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: advena

Postby Little Miss Murder » 28 Apr 2019, 09:08

I see people occasionally host FAF beta lobbies. Is my understanding correct that that represents this particular patch?

If its true, there doesnt seem to be much play testing going on. At least, not publically.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Apofenas » 28 Apr 2019, 10:39

Little Miss Murder wrote:I see people occasionally host FAF beta lobbies. Is my understanding correct that that represents this particular patch?

If its true, there doesnt seem to be much play testing going on. At least, not publically.

Not anymore apparently. Some things seem to be reverted or reduced.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby LabPunk » 29 Apr 2019, 10:31

T3 gunships no longer chase air units.
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please.
Do the same for t2 bombers.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Postby JaggedAppliance » 08 May 2019, 02:04

The Beta patch has been updated as have the patchnotes.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Elusive » 08 May 2019, 08:58

Summit:

Mass cost: 10500 → 10000
Buildtime: 33000 → 31600

Interesting. Of any battleship to get buffed the summit would have been my last guess. Why is the summit getting a buff?
Elusive
Crusader

Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Elusive

Postby 5cript » 08 May 2019, 15:06

I want to express some great praise.
This is a very good patch and you considered some of the reasonable criticizm about certain changes. (and actually changed some of them or reduced their extend).
5cript
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: NomenNominandum

Postby Morax » 08 May 2019, 17:07

Overall this is pretty much a "anti-turtling" patch and I love it.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion