Another Balance thread !

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Another Balance thread !

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 02 Nov 2018, 04:38

I think its a cool idea!

If you set them to auto detonate, it could be difficult to balance them. Either they are useless because they wouldn't be mass efficient or they can only be countered by the ACU until you hit T3.

More opportunity for unit play is exactly what this game needs imho.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby IceDreamer » 02 Nov 2018, 04:47

SpoCk0nd0pe wrote:I think its a cool idea!

If you set them to auto detonate, it could be difficult to balance them. Either they are useless because they wouldn't be mass efficient or they can only be countered by the ACU until you hit T3.

More opportunity for unit play is exactly what this game needs imho.

Bear in mind that the effectiveness of a single or low number of mines goes down if the enemy is moving cautiously or has very powerful units. The bombs will uncloak when they move to attack, giving the enemy units a split-second to react and fire. Some are still gonna die though :D
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Apofenas » 02 Nov 2018, 11:57

IMO Fire beetle should have cloak.

Basicly you should just mix one or two and a bunch of moles in unit mix. If you have stealth, enemy wouldn't be able to see any Fire beetle until it is too late, If there is no stealth, enemy would see a bunch of dots on radar including mole-fakes.

It should do any reasonable damage itself(unless on really small area), but stun all units exept T4: T3/ACU - 4 sec, T2 - 8 sec, T1 - 12 sec. This way you'd be able to do more damage on static target with some Arty or MMLs
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Blodir » 05 Nov 2018, 16:41

i like it.

need ui mod for auto hold fire tho
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times