T3 arties - noob heaven, need rebalance

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

T3 arties - noob heaven, need rebalance

Postby AIx_Putin » 16 Oct 2018, 11:28

playing a lot of gap maps. noticed that everybody is building t3 arties - cause it is very cheap and efficient. instead of sending land\navy units - its better to sit ur base and spam t3 arties = game won.
the cost of t3 is too low - no sense to do anything else. hell cheap and powerfull weapon.
it leaves no room for tactics and strategy in mid\late game. because anything else is less efficient.
ONLY 72000 mass - and u can hit most valuable target on map. build other 2 - and hit anything u want (almost)

I offer to increase cost of t3 arty to 85 000 mass. or better to initial values ~ 90 000
Last edited by PhilipJFry on 31 Oct 2018, 13:54, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: i have merged the other topic where someone would like balance to change due to choke point maps into this thread - should more similar topics pop up i'll either merge/move or lock them
AIx_Putin
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: T_R_U_putin

Re: T3 arties - noob heaven, need rebalance

Postby ZLO_RD » 16 Oct 2018, 11:45

kinda makes sence, but you are asking to adjust balance cause of few 4v4 5v5 6v6 maps with tight choke points that make land attacks very very very hard. and even navy attacks become hard...
last time i watched (or played i don't remember) dualgap, guy made t2 arty behind montain (on bottom side) and missiles could not hit it, there is also a chokepint in water so you are in danger of getting your navy nuked... t2 arty also helps against land and navy attacks at the same time cause it is just one choke!!!
No wonder you can't finish game without t3 arty.

i thought that t3 arty cost was lowered to see it more often on normal maps.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby uzurpator » 16 Oct 2018, 13:02

T3 arty on smaller maps will always win because it is easier to build an I win button in a well entrenched base, especially in landlocked maps, then to actually try to do a coordinated attack.

Gap/Dgap/Thermo/Crater games ( so like: 80% of FAF ) usually end in a t3 arty spam.

I, personally, would prefer to make t3 arty be an extension of t2 arty. So - much lower cost, but also less range and dps. This way they get balanced by space and time required to build them and require stepping out of the comfort zone of the base to be used.

This would also, methinks, made Scathis more useful.

Throwing numbers in:

- 300-400 range
- 100 dps-120dps ( so 2000dmg once per 20 seconds )
- 10-12k mass

@ZLO_RD

Since I am a noob who plays Dgap only (and thermo, of course). T3 arty makes any attempt at land control in those maps irrelevant, because once a team gets 2-3 t3 arties up, its GG most of the time and there is no sensible counter to it other then build more arty of your own and trying to snipe their arty.

If T3 arty had half of its current range, then in order to use it one would actually need to control the middle of the map. Arty matches are boring.
uzurpator

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: uzurpatorex

Postby AIx_Putin » 16 Oct 2018, 13:27

ZLORD - thank for tips. but i have more than 9000 games total in FAF.
I really know what i am talking about. many people have no idea how to break in base, how to win with any kind of army, BUT since they fail in it they ALL come to same idea to spam t3 arties. it is really like WIN button if you have no brain, but have resourses.

The price of arty is too low but damage is too high - this is why it needs cost adjustment.

99% of games ends in arty fight. the time you will require to win half of map will be used by enemy to build 2-3 arties, clean up smds and nuke the base.
all the games are ideantical. i see no challenge in tactics or unit management. just spam of arties every time.
some of the peoply directly rush fast t3 arty at 25 minute.
AIx_Putin
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: T_R_U_putin

Postby Apofenas » 16 Oct 2018, 13:45

This game isnt balanced around gap. This game mustn't be balanced around gap.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby uzurpator » 16 Oct 2018, 13:48

I don't think that increasing the cost will fix the issue. T3 arty is so awesome because of its range. It is always low risk/high reward unless its cost was prohibitively high. But then it would be an useless unit.

Extra 20k mass on top of 70k makes it a minute 27 unit, not minute 25. And once it's online, it's retreat time and build an arty of yourself.
uzurpator

Postby keyser » 16 Oct 2018, 13:59

shit map lead to shit balance.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Turinturambar » 16 Oct 2018, 14:04

Shit maps lead to shit balance!
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby uzurpator » 16 Oct 2018, 14:07

Therfore we will not adress the issue that keeps people play shit maps.

I love this community.
uzurpator

Postby Morax » 16 Oct 2018, 14:10

Can't blame everyone for playing gap and astro when it's 90% of the map vault...

Maybe if we could disallow so many copies....hmmmmmmmmm??
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Next

Return to Balance Discussion