We need to talk about the Scathis. Topic is solved

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: We need to talk about the Scathis.

Postby moses_the_red » 26 Oct 2018, 00:25

WhoIsThisNoob wrote:
moses_the_red wrote:
Farmsletje wrote:Please give 1 example of a t3 arty destroying a t3 land army


Is your argument that they're so good that you don't even bother targeting land armies with them?


His argument is that noone does that for obvious reason - It doesn't work!!! The arty is not accurate enough to consistantly hit moving units.
If you fail to understand it then you are a lost cause.



Oh you're the same guy I just replied to. I was coming here to tell you to try it. Spin up a test game on a map of your choosing and see if it works.

It absolutely does work.

The reason that people don't generally do it has everything to do with there being better targets and nothing to do with it not being possible.
moses_the_red
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 21:33
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: moses_the_red

Re: We need to talk about the Scathis.

Postby Farmsletje » 26 Oct 2018, 00:32

Do you not understand that if you can't give us atleast 1 replay where good players use it then it isn't an issue?
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 18:38
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 426 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Re: We need to talk about the Scathis.

Postby moses_the_red » 26 Oct 2018, 00:50

Farmsletje wrote:First of all it's because the scathis will most likely end up as a game ender because they currently don't have one.

Secondly balancing the scathis so that it's worth building it with navy dominance instead of just making battleships while still having it balanced for land maps vs armies, t2 arty and fatboys is almost impossible.


Tactical land scathis is super sexy but a game ender would fix it just as well. Whatever they do they will get flak (not from me, I'm just incredibly happy to hear its being changed from the anti-unit it is now), that's the nature of the job.

Its easy to ask for an omni-stealth high-range semi-fatboy with EMP and an espresso maker when you're not the person in charge of balancing it =P
moses_the_red
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 21:33
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: moses_the_red

Re: We need to talk about the Scathis.

Postby moses_the_red » 26 Oct 2018, 01:12

Farmsletje wrote:Do you not understand that if you can't give us atleast 1 replay where good players use it then it isn't an issue?


Fair enough, if and when I find such a replay I'll post it. This isn't really my fight though, I wanted the scathis changed because I wasted some time trying to make it work without realizing it was intentionally under-powered. I think a T3 artillery change would be great for the game, but I'm not going to scour the replay vault forever looking for a game that proves it. Mostly I got involved here because the guy that mentioned it was getting dog-piled with bad arguments. He's absolutely right, and I'm surprised he's not getting more support, but its not my fight.

If and when I find a replay that I think makes a good argument that the T3 arty is OP, I'll post it. May take a while but I don't imagine anyone's in a rush.
moses_the_red
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 97
Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 21:33
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: moses_the_red

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ZLO_RD and 1 guest