FAF Balance

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

FAF Balance

Postby Spy_Emanciator » 22 Aug 2018, 02:04

GROUND FIRE NEAR UNITS

Ground fire has strange issues regarding intel. You are unable to pick a target location with intel, but if itel is lost you can pick a pixel perfect target near units.

Ground fire against submarines is to splashy and making seraphrim unusable. I would reduce the damage ground fire does to an improbable crit hit instead of a aoe splash.

AEON T1 SQUSH

Aeon t1 is needs slight hp buff.

AEON T2 TURTLE WEAK

Aeon turtle is having massive issues keeping up with rate of fire being low and easily dodged shots.

SMD CARRIERS

Why not have a carrier upgrade for smd comperable to building an smd and loading it, 2 missiles max.

LAGOUT SCREEN

Fix the lagout screen. In fact remove it completely and make a lobby recovery mode with hotjoin.

CYBRAN DESTRO PATH

Cybran destroyers are often beaching themselves to bee line to location when the water path is faster, even when the destination is water.

OVERFLOW ON ENGINNER ATTACK MOVE

Make engineers keep reclaiming with full mass bar on multiplayer maps when attack moved or patrolled.

SPEED DIFFERENCE

I've noticed games where certain players are seemingly getting 2x or .5x time values to all their unit and build speeds. There needs to be some in game mechanic to notice and prevent this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FAF/comments/8 ... balancing/
Spy_Emanciator

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: Spy_Emanciator

Re: FAF Balance

Postby Deribus » 22 Aug 2018, 03:46

Spy_Emanciator wrote:GROUND FIRE NEAR UNITS

Ground fire has strange issues regarding intel. You are unable to pick a target location with intel, but if itel is lost you can pick a pixel perfect target near units.

Ground fire against submarines is to splashy and making seraphrim unusable. I would reduce the damage ground fire does to an improbable crit hit instead of a aoe splash.

You are still able to ground fire with full intel, just make sure to use the attack command on the ground instead of selecting an enemy unit.
AEON T1 SQUSH

Aeon t1 is needs slight hp buff.

This has been discussed and rejected many times. At higher levels of play Aeon is considered the strongest in the T1 phase, they do not need to be made stronger.
AEON T2 TURTLE WEAK

Aeon turtle is having massive issues keeping up with rate of fire being low and easily dodged shots.

Not sure what you mean by "Turtle" but from your description that seems like T2 Heavy Tank (Obsidian), T2 Point Defense (Oblivion), or T2 Destroyer (Exodus)

I haven't used Obsidians enough to say much about their balance, but their shots being easy to dodge is not a problem I've observed.

Oblivion turrets are fine, they aren't much better or worse than any of the other options, and I certainly wouldn't change them.

Exodus destroyers are probably the best destroyers in the game, especially in large numbers, I highly doubt they need a buff.

SMD CARRIERS

Discussed here: /viewtopic.php?f=42&t=15602

LAGOUT SCREEN

Fix the lagout screen. In fact remove it completely and make a lobby recovery mode with hotjoin.

Connection issues are actively being worked on, under the ICE adapter title.

CYBRAN DESTRO PATH

This is a well known issue, discussed
here: /viewtopic.php?f=42&t=15922
and here: viewtopic.php?f=42&p=127646

OVERFLOW ON ENGINNER ATTACK MOVE

Make engineers keep reclaiming with full mass bar on multiplayer maps when attack moved or patrolled.

Pretty easy to implement, but why would you want that?
Also, there would be no way to make them behave differently in team games from non-team games.

SPEED DIFFERENCE

I've noticed games where certain players are seemingly getting 2x or .5x time values to all their unit and build speeds. There needs to be some in game mechanic to notice and prevent this.

I haven't heard about this issue, and something that significant would be pretty noticeable. If you'd like people to look into it, please provide replays.
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Postby Spy_Emanciator » 24 Aug 2018, 09:45

Ground fire is not allowing selection near units, it attempts to attack the unit center instead.

Turtle meaning t2 shields/ point defense, usually mixed in with t1 units. The comibnation of weakest t2 pd and weakest t1 spam hp is making holding a position much much harder than other factions. Also they have the smallest shield radius and most expensive experimental making the transition very difficult. No cheap t3 land spam and t2 tanks the specialize in tank not dps. Across the board you are forced to build t1 pd which has terrible range. I just think some of this could be tweaked to be more in line with other factions at the same task.

SMD CARRIERS
read, yea I think it makes sense seing as how carriers are massive and fairly easily sniped units, and some BS have nukes. Needs to be some way to counter nukes when fleet mass and choke points make fleets vulnerable.

CYBRAN DESTRO PATH
read, If the target is water, and they can get there through water, default pathing should be water, not beaching. period.

Reclaim
Pretty easy to implement, but why would you want that?
Also, there would be no way to make them behave differently in team games from non-team games.

You want it because currently if your mass overflows your engineers do wonky things and waste time. They attempt to assist other things which can be long distances away, and your mass is likely empty by the time they get there. Team overflow is an important meta for large rocks and such, so why not keep trickling with other items.

Game clock breaking
I haven't heard about this issue, and something that significant would be pretty noticeable. If you'd like people to look into it, please provide replays.

I'll try and find a good example out of my upcoming games. Usually happens after a lagout or fishy lag pause. could be related to map hack exploits. t3 air whizzes by and cannot be intercepted, t3 arty gets fire rate boosts. ect....
Spy_Emanciator

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: Spy_Emanciator

Postby moonbearonmeth » 24 Aug 2018, 10:52

Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby ZLO_RD » 24 Aug 2018, 11:57

special hotkey for ground fire that prevents attack order snapping on units could possbily be usefull, if you want to groundfire anything right now, you either need to zoom in really close or drag order. can be annoying if you want to TML inbetween t2 pds or something like that. but that is not really a big issue, do you really often use groundfire? can't you just drag an order around?

aeon t1 is kinda fine... they can be too strong when microed. ( i don't like aeon and don't play them, maybe if aurora were even stronger i would start playing aeon :lol: )

aeon t2 pd: i only ever saw it has issues with t1 land and t1 arty. my anwer is:
1) just use your own units or t1 pds to cover t2 pd. (t1 pd is more DPS per mass so it is always nice to use those)
2) aeon pd is pretty good against ACUs and t2/t3/exp so that is faction divercity, also it is harder to dodge compared to UEF pd

LAGOUT SCREEN: it is work in progress, and that is not easy. You can go to github and try help, or join FAF dischord and participate in connection tests of ICE adaptor.

SPEED DIFFERENCE: no idea what you talk about, been playing about 10 years and have not notice anything like that, you need to provide an example... maybe some video
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Return to Balance Discussion