Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Postby PhilipJFry » 30 Jan 2018, 07:03

The slow projectile speed of the 1st weapon made it easy to avoid a lot of dps
some dps was shifted to other weapons with a higher rate of fire and projectile speed and the overall dmg was lowered

all in all it was a buff imo
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Elusive » 30 Jan 2018, 09:47

PhilipJFry wrote:The slow projectile speed of the 1st weapon made it easy to avoid a lot of dps
some dps was shifted to other weapons with a higher rate of fire and projectile speed and the overall dmg was lowered

all in all it was a buff imo

A fair point for sure, although I allways considerd the eye ball weapon less of an anti unit weapon and more of an anti base weapon, used to pop shields or smash a gaping hole in a rav wall. Anything fast and/or small enough to avoid the ball would be easily killed by the other weapons (perhaps except for rambo SCUs).
Elusive
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Elusive

Postby moonbearonmeth » 30 Jan 2018, 10:22

And now you can still use it against bases and use more of it against units as well.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby Farmsletje » 30 Jan 2018, 11:18

Elusive wrote:Anything fast and/or small enough to avoid the ball would be easily killed by the other weapons

Thats literally every moving unit in the game except for scathis
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Strogo » 30 Jan 2018, 15:47

One more thing about OC (just variation of problem that I described earlier). Damage and energy drain that will be caused by OC are calculated according to unit, which was hit by OC shell (not initial target).

Spoiler: show

So we have same problem with splash, even if you picked right target.
Strogo

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times
FAF User Name: Strogo

Postby Evan_ » 30 Jan 2018, 17:38

I was skeptical at first but I'm warming up to this patch.

Didn't think removing loyalist stunning exp/acu was a good idea but now I can see it's a broken feature, Rambo Acus were way too powerful, and maa was nerfed which I was hoping for.

I'll probably need to get better now as brainless shield acu + percivals or minute 10 loyalist rush isn't as good now, but oh well :lol:
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby ParallaxCore » 30 Jan 2018, 18:35

I didn't play it yet, but somehow reading the patch notes feels like you are basically castrating almost everything a bit (and I don't understand at all the change of Loyalist EMP). Also it seems to me that slowly the patches are making all factions to converge to being almost the same, not diverse. And I endorse the argument someone had about Aeon navy, I have no clue why nerfing the Tempest this much.
ParallaxCore

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: ParallaxCore

Postby FtXCommando » 30 Jan 2018, 20:27

Balance Patch Posting Feedback Post:

Please try to play the patch.

Thanks.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby PhilipJFry » 30 Jan 2018, 20:51

ParallaxCore wrote:I didn't play it yet, but somehow reading the patch notes feels like you are basically castrating almost everything a bit (and I don't understand at all the change of Loyalist EMP).

You can't stun ACUs and T4 units any more with the EMP on death from the Loyalist.
This used to be especially strong against the GC since it would suck in the Loyalists with its claws and stun itself while wasting lots of damage of its Laser since the weapon will continue shooting at the same spot while being stunned.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Morax » 31 Jan 2018, 17:42

PhilipJFry wrote:
ParallaxCore wrote:I didn't play it yet, but somehow reading the patch notes feels like you are basically castrating almost everything a bit (and I don't understand at all the change of Loyalist EMP).

You can't stun ACUs and T4 units any more with the EMP on death from the Loyalist.
This used to be especially strong against the GC since it would suck in the Loyalists with its claws and stun itself while wasting lots of damage of its Laser since the weapon will continue shooting at the same spot while being stunned.

Orrrrr we can encourage players to not be bad at the game by not sending in a costly unit without protection against an angry loyalist crowd?

There is a thing called "support" where you group shields, flack, and tier 3 units to keep them at Bay.

The whole reason loyalist had this ability is because the Cybran ACU has little chance of oc'ing an exp and surviving as opposed to the other 3 that has shielding/nano.

Please explain this balance decision other than terrible decisions made by players?
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion