Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Postby TantrumDesire » 12 Jun 2018, 09:11

moonbearonmeth wrote:Of this I can say you are 100% wrong and would encourage you to look at replays prior to the patch.

Perhaps, however this became much more noticeable since the patch. I can't recall any specific case where I had this happen in my games prior to the patch, but that might just be me. Recent games (post patch) do make me believe something has changed, though.

moonbearonmeth wrote:if you are actually attacking an ACU with auto-OC on the OC will target the ACU

True, however you can't have an attack order and a move order active simultaneously. I'm aware that if you give an attack order on a unit, then a move order, you will keep targeting that unit while moving, but I'm not sure the same applies to auto OC. I very well may be wrong here, I don't have an accurate specific memory of this happening atm, but I do tend to employ the attack order followed by a move order when it is needed, yet this problem has still occurred.
It is also worth mentioning that in some scenarios you can't afford to stop walking to give the attack order (followed be a move reorder), similarly to what I have described regarding the manual OC. Things happen very quickly in this game and not always you have the incentive to give an attack order on an acu then keep moving before things start rolling and you're on the verge of getting out of range.

moonbearonmeth wrote:I would consider it more likely that the ACU will vet from the OC vs units than killing an enemy ACU

I would not. When you are in that 'all in' situation quite often you'd be far away from your next vet level, and all that matters in the following seconds is how much damage you put on that enemy acu. But then again this is all subjective.

Plasma_Wolf wrote:We need a system where we can manually prioritize ACU/other units

Yes, that would solve everyting! Overcharge or regular shots, a UI button (similar to the auto OC button) that would toggle prioritisation of acu vs units would make this game so much better and eliminate some stupid unnecessary deaths caused by broken game mechanics out of your control.
This idea has been around for a long time yet I have not heard talks of it being worked on. Why's that? Would that be considered a sim mod that works against the ethics of ranked games? Considering that without this, you have to stop walking so that you can give attack orders, I say that this little bit of automation can be forgiven. I long for the day this function is integrated into faf.
TantrumDesire
Crusader

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: Utterly_Pathetic

Postby keyser » 12 Jun 2018, 09:15

i never heard of this issue of between offensive/defensive player. What i remember was dev saying they won't spend time on this or something. Mostly being ignore for unknown reason. I didn't know about this work from crotalus in 2015; i remember about this work from domino in 2014 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIXflm-u9JU

Perhaps, however this became much more noticeable since the patch. I can't recall any specific case where I had this happen in my games prior to the patch, but that might just be me. Recent games (post patch) do make me believe something has changed, though.

nothing changed in priority targetting, i already had this issue before. If you are chasing down a com with your com (and going for the kill), you never want to put auto oc if there is enemy unit around, it's as simple as that. It's always about manual targetting, and rapid move order afterward. Anyway auto-OC wasn't a thing before, so i guess i won't complain not being able to use it in the case i just said.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby JoonasTo » 12 Jun 2018, 10:16

You have a legit reason to complain since the retreating enemy ACU can use it just fine. He kills the tanks trying to block him so it's a win for him. For the chasing commander wasting 500-1100(depending how far the target is and if gun or not) damage and possibly changing targets completely is not a trade he can take.

There's also the whole auto-OC plus aeon range com issue. Because of Auto-OC it can just keep moving at full speed which it could not before if it wanted to OC. At least the auto-OC cooldown timer nerf kind of helped in this regard.

Speaking of moving and OC, why doesn't auto-OC make the commander stop? Could we leverage the way it works to make normal OC also not stop? If yes, could we include it into normal attack command as well? Without screwing up the alt-attack move?
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion