Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 16 May 2018, 23:36

To end the T1 bomber crap, bombers lost radar, became more expensive, hoverbomb was made a LOT harder, and T1 AA was changed in balance (HP boost and attack boost).

Now one of those things has been changed. If it even is a nerf, it's a minimal one. The reduction in damage is 10-20%. The mass reduction is 9%. Two AA are still less expensive than one bomber and a simple test I did showed that a UEF bomber will only survive against a Cybran mobile AA, if that AA is standing still. In all other cases it dies after one pass, which means that some AA will survive (all if they move).

So a bomber is still hard countered by T1 AA and can still not dominate against a land army. Using bombers for one pass is still useful in some cases, but this doesn't become a viable option until you have multiple bombers to kill larger sections of a land army.

This particular change is fine.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby JonnoHR31 » 19 May 2018, 15:05

In before creation of a pre 3696 balance patch mod :roll: .

In all seriousness, another average rank (1200) player here who will be completely ignored by the "only 2k+ players matter" balance team, but, stop making such massive sweeping changes! Your average casual player (probably a large majority of the FAF community?) only just starts getting to grips with the new meta when you come along and completely flip it on its head again. Are you actually trying to get rid of the lower ranked, more casual players from FAF?

As for actual details of this balance patch, the shield changes are a joke! Will the next patch just outright ban them?
JonnoHR31
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: JonnoHR31

Postby IceDreamer » 19 May 2018, 16:10

JonnoHR31 wrote:In before creation of a pre 3696 balance patch mod :roll: .

In all seriousness, another average rank (1200) player here who will be completely ignored by the "only 2k+ players matter" balance team, but, stop making such massive sweeping changes! Your average casual player (probably a large majority of the FAF community?) only just starts getting to grips with the new meta when you come along and completely flip it on its head again. Are you actually trying to get rid of the lower ranked, more casual players from FAF?

As for actual details of this balance patch, the shield changes are a joke! Will the next patch just outright ban them?

The shield changes won't be going in as listed (Regarding overspill anyway).

As a 1000-1200 player myself, I have to say you need to stop overreacting. Yes it's a sweeping change, yes the meta shift is big, no you won't notice after 2 games. Thing is, it's still the same game fundamentally. The early game is practically unchanged, the resource management is the same as ever. You will adapt very, very naturally to the slower pace of T2-T3 progression, because each game you make thousands of tiny decisions about when to advance. You will find yourself guided very gently into using the same units, in roughly the same way, just later one. You will see larger, longer T2 and may realise that T2 can now be mixed with T3 properly.

Seriously relax. It's not going to end the game!
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby FtXCommando » 19 May 2018, 20:15

Imagine people used the feedback thread to give some reasoning for why a change was bad rather than saying "this is bad." Maybe the balance team would read this thread more than once a month.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby HouseCentipede » 20 May 2018, 00:51

Othuum Torpedo Weapon:
Range: 32 → 28

Thanks for that. I was getting real sick of a single Othuum blowing through all my naval units with its 10 damage torpedo. :P

...I just want the Othuum to be good...
HouseCentipede

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Rune_Command

Postby JonnoHR31 » 21 May 2018, 14:15

FtXCommando wrote:Imagine people used the feedback thread to give some reasoning for why a change was bad rather than saying "this is bad." Maybe the balance team would read this thread more than once a month.

Imagine if people who did provide genuine feedback (and no I don't mean me) were met with reason and a polite informed debate instead of snide remarks and personal insults by said balance team. :roll:
JonnoHR31
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: JonnoHR31

Postby JoonasTo » 22 May 2018, 00:52

Sera double-nano, double-gun com is really strong now. It's cheap and fast to make compared to an experimental and it's on par with one.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby Farmsletje » 22 May 2018, 01:22

it got nerfed??????????????????????????????????????????
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Steel_Panther » 22 May 2018, 04:05

Farmsletje wrote:it got nerfed??????????????????????????????????????????

If it got nerfed less than t3 land and t4s, it is an indirect buff............................................................
Steel_Panther

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Steel_Panther

Postby Farmsletje » 22 May 2018, 07:46

If you spend the 2500 mass it costs more now on bp then the buildtime nerf for t4's might as well be nonexistant.

Furthermore, you barely see this combo used in the current balance because the second gun is quite useless vs t3 units because you OC them anyway. The extra hp from t3 and the extra bp are most of the time better to have.

In beta you need 7 shots to kill a harb, in normal balance 8.
Othuum 9 in beta, 9 rn
Percy 12 in beta, 13 rn
Brick 13 in beta, 13 rn
Etc

There is a very very small increase in the effectiveness of killing t3 units with the acu, but i doubt its enough to make it viable compared to OC.

Fyu, i just realised i forgot to add the original 100 dps to both sides, but i doubt it'll change much.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion