PD/SAM Overkill issues.

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: PD/SAM Overkill issues.

Postby Cuddles » 21 Dec 2017, 18:17

moonbearonmeth wrote:Words have never been my strong suit so here's a picture.

didn't flak also get a buff in some recent patch?
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby Endranii » 21 Dec 2017, 19:38

Static flak is buffed to allow it to hit T3 Air units more regularly.

Aeon
Muzzle Velocity: 30 → 35

UEF
Muzzle Velocity: 25 → 35

Seraphim
Muzzle Velocity: 25 → 35
FiringRandomness: 2.5 → 2
AoE: 3 → 4

Cybran
Muzzle Velocity: 20 → 30

There ya go.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby CavemanHost » 31 Dec 2017, 16:45

Flaks are so inaccurate. You can avoid almost all damage from flaks firing at gunships or t1 bombers if u move them fast enough away. If they fire at a target far away, they don't really hit it when the target moves slightly. And since t3 gunships rushs became a thing, they've proven even more useless. But hey - we buffed them to hit t3 stuff. Great!!!!11!
CavemanHost

Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: CavemanHost

Postby Deribus » 31 Dec 2017, 17:06

CavemanHost wrote:Flaks are so inaccurate. You can avoid almost all damage from flaks firing at gunships or t1 bombers if u move them fast enough away. If they fire at a target far away, they don't really hit it when the target moves slightly. And since t3 gunships rushs became a thing, they've proven even more useless. But hey - we buffed them to hit t3 stuff. Great!!!!11!

You're right, they should add a static AA that does significant single target damage and has perfect accuracy at the T3 stage.

Kappa
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Postby CavemanHost » 31 Dec 2017, 17:14

Yeah, sure. I drop all the shit I'm doing and rush t3 land or t3 com in 30 seconds just to get a SAM for that t3 gunship RUSH from the opponents team air player. This obv the solution, since having 13 t2 flaks doesnt't help, and can't save a full hp com from 3 t3 gunships.
CavemanHost

Postby Endranii » 31 Dec 2017, 18:07

When Having 3.6k dps in flak doesnt counter 3 broadswords XD. Even if half the shot's misses you will still have a dead broadsword in 4s at worst with other 2 at least slightly damaged. Not to say that getting 20 inties is to much for you lol. Or just maybe stop playing some retarded maps on which your teammates can't even scout a t3 gunship rush and what more are not capable of stopping it when you have 4 players on team and one dedicated ras guy in team.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby CavemanHost » 31 Dec 2017, 18:46

In an ideal situation maybe, but in actual game the first shots of the flak don't hit, but the broadsword shots don't miss. 20 inties dont do shits against t3 gunships and team mates that are supporting thos gunships with their own air and parallel pushes. This happend multiple times, very early in a game, I'm talking about early t2 land stage. Tell me how u insta-spam 12 t2 mobile flaks while still playing against ur opponent. The enemy air player can get those t3 gunshipts on t2 power while getting pumped e from the team. The whole point of this strategy is to get them early and unnoticed. But yeah, that's obv the fault of what ever air player we have. I still couldn't protect myself with enough t2 flak despite reacting instantly, when I scouted the air players base and saw that he already had 2 of those 3 gunships.

But why am I even talking to you. You are one of those shit talking, pretentious idiots that are pretty much always online in that circle jerking irc chat, acting like their opinions matters more than anyone elses. Just get lost, faggot. "Dedicated ras-guy" just give away all ur stupidty in one phrase.
CavemanHost

Postby FtXCommando » 31 Dec 2017, 19:08

Settle down there boyo. You're about 9 months late to the T3 gunships OP train. (Which isn't true btw, success of T3 gunship rush shows the quality of the enemy team rather than the capability of your team)

CavemanHost wrote:In an ideal situation maybe, but in actual game the first shots of the flak don't hit, but the broadsword shots don't miss.

Doesn't matter. 3 Flak and a shield means that ints will be able to come and save you from a snipe easily.

CavemanHost wrote:20 inties dont do shits against t3 gunships and team mates that are supporting thos gunships with their own air and parallel pushes. This happend multiple times, very early in a game, I'm talking about early t2 land stage.

Damn. So are you complaining about gunships being OP or teammates being OP? Because it sounds like the enemy team took the major weakness of t3 gunships (t1 ints/swift winds) and countered it via working together. Maybe if your team decided to make air this wouldn't happen.

CavemanHost wrote:Tell me how u insta-spam 12 t2 mobile flaks while still playing against ur opponent. The enemy air player can get those t3 gunshipts on t2 power while getting pumped e from the team. The whole point of this strategy is to get them early and unnoticed. But yeah, that's obv the fault of what ever air player we have. I still couldn't protect myself with enough t2 flak despite reacting instantly, when I scouted the air players base and saw that he already had 2 of those 3 gunships.

Yeah it is your fault. Learn how to scout and adequately predict the win condition of the enemy team by the setup of their base. A t3 gunship rush relies on Cybran/UEF air player that is doing zero early air with 3 t2 pgens adjacent to their air factory. If you notice a lot of air spam from players that are not the typical air player, then it's safe to assume they are covering for a strat or a gunship rush.

Reacting instantly != reacting when the gunship is out. It's reacting 4 minutes ago when there were adequate signs of what the enemy team were planning.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby JaggedAppliance » 31 Dec 2017, 19:59

No more insults in this thread, keep the discussion civil.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 31 Dec 2017, 21:41

ok, your saying that 13 flaks can't save anything from 3 t3 gunships is so wrong. I had an armored column of ~20 Pillars, 5 shields and 7 flaks be attacked by about 6-7 broadswords. The broadswords lost albeit inflicting ~45% casualties. Replay attached, the event happens around min 13 in the northeast.
Attachments
7263373-ErichvonManstein.fafreplay
(347.83 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion