Why is the Aeon a broken faction?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Why is the Aeon a broken faction?

Postby Fen » 02 Nov 2017, 18:04

How about reverting the aurora turn speed and accuracy nerfs, nerfing the other factions t1 maa to what they were before, giving the obsidian more rof and range, double the range and rof for the cruiser ground weapon, more rof and muzzle speed for the destroyer, Better rof and acurracy for the sniper bot? Aeon land is very weak and the t2 navy gets raped by floating arty. This way the aeon units make sense in more than a single strategical usage and players will choose this faction again.
Fen
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Fen

Re: Why is the Aeon a broken faction?

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Nov 2017, 18:09

what else?
should we reduce the mass cost of the paragon to 100?
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Fen » 02 Nov 2017, 18:31

Idoont see why those changes would break the game if that is what you are saying. Also if you look at the recent replays no top player chooses aeon unless for a corner t3 air game on large team games and mostly because of Swift winds.
Fen
Crusader

Postby FtXCommando » 02 Nov 2017, 19:36

Hello FAF community. I recently lost a game as UEF and realized my playstyle is fully optimized. Thankfully this makes the job of balancing easier for the balance team. In order to get my winrate to 100% I recommend 3000 hp pillars, 15k hp starting hp ACU, doubled range for percy with doubled ROF. Also give mega to UEF because it doesnt fit Cybran battle philosophy.

You’re welcome in advance.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Nov 2017, 19:41

do you have any data to back that up or are you just assuming this?
i made that snarky comment before because the stuff you listed is partially completely irrelevant (the ground weapon for the cruiser is not going to change anything) or kind of a faction trait (low rof on the destro)
if we were to give the aeon destro more rate of fire and higher muzzle velocity we would just slowly turn them into a uef destro with more range and awesome anti sub damage - btw the aeon frig has been buffed a decent bit to become better at dealing with hoverspam and the last patch also reduced speed on water for t1 sera mobile arty to nerf that a little as well
about the sniperbots: i don't think they are too weak atm
about the aurora: i don't think you'll find a lot of people who will agree with you that they are in dire need of a buff right now (maybe changing the firing randomness to some other kind of nerf that is less like a dice roll)
in the end i think you just don't know enough about this game to understand the impact of the changes you propose but that's just my opinion
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby JoonasTo » 02 Nov 2017, 20:42

I'd like a buff to aurora muzzle velocity to compensate for the randomness. You could already dodge the shots with a commander before, now it's just awful.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby Fen » 02 Nov 2017, 20:48

FtXcommando, a fully optimized playstyle is different from no playstyle options and a broken battle phylosophy to say the least.
PhillipJFry, i based these opinions on player choices for their factions on the last tournament, but im sure faf user data can back my opinion that aeon has felt out of choice. I agree that most of these changes are indeed of short Interference, since all factions will go t3 rush on land on the current balance anyways, so maybe a t3 cost nerf on the land factory would also be good. The point of buffing the sniperbot Is to make it more useful when harbs become useless vs percies or bricks, and again Being balanced by an attack or arty option of the opponent.
I disagree that the cruiser changes are useless, since they would give an amazing utility to its useless Cannon. Regarding the destroyer changes, i think its fair too, because no player wants to lose a game of 20 minutes and thousands of actions Because their oponent can simply queue a few move orders on a destroyer battle. Also that wouldnt work using frigs vs arty on most scenarios because of the arty numbers. Im not asking to make the destroyer better than any other, just to make its weakenesses less exploitable.
Concerning, the aurora, its no surprise that most players want it nerfed, mainly because they do not want their faction of choice to have to deal with it. I know they are less of a high stakes gamble on the hands of pro players, But again pro players have a lot of options dealing with them like com Sniping really early before gun upgrades, bombers and t2 rush. I propose a turn rate and acceleration buff for the other T1, therefore making the auroras also less of a firing practice target for t2 tanks.
Last edited by Fen on 02 Nov 2017, 21:04, edited 5 times in total.
Fen
Crusader

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Nov 2017, 20:53

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13449&start=30#p149137
i don't think you would see more people playing aeon by removing their most obvious weaknesses
making t3 land more accessible would only make t2 land even less useful than it already is (not sure if you've noticed but harb rush is pretty much the go to strategy for aeon players on maps that allow you to go for it)
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby Fen » 02 Nov 2017, 21:47

I guess that those stats just prove my opinion, look at the diference on the 2k rating tier with all the air players in mind, that just say it all, and that was before the current nerf wave.
Patching the aeon would make it more on par with the other factions, way more noob friendly and bring a lot of experienced aeon gameplay back, çontributing to the general wellbeing and diversity of the community.
I meant make the t3 factory more expensive, not cheaper like you said.
Fen
Crusader

Postby PhilipJFry » 02 Nov 2017, 21:57

are you looking at the same graph as i did?
aeon was close to 0.2 pretty much all the time
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to Balance Discussion