Why are SACU presets retarded?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Why are SACU presets retarded?

Postby moonbearonmeth » 26 Oct 2017, 01:35

PhilipJFry wrote:you get the choice between nano which is less expensive and shield which is more expensive

My issue isn't that there is a cheaper version and a more expensive version, all other factions have them (Seraphim has an overcharge and shieled-nano-OC preset, Cybran has stealth/cloak and UEF has double gun and double gun w/ shield) my issue is Aeon has four of them which is redundant and cuts off the possibility for more 'abstract' support commanders like the UEF Jammers, Seraphim TML and Cybran SAM.

Morax wrote:I just realized this is the guy who spammed a bunch of nonsense in one of my streams and others...

1. Not the point
2. If having a conversation with Farmsletje is considered spamming, then yes

Morax wrote:a reduction in the use of meme speak.

Probably but even then my efforts haven't been entirely fruitless. People have recognised there are presets they would like to see in the future.

Franck83 wrote:and love playing with mods

I typically don't but this does look interesting although doesn't necessarily cover what I was thinking of.
I will certainly keep an eye out for it.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby Farmsletje » 26 Oct 2017, 02:25

moonbearonmeth wrote:2. If having a conversation with Farmsletje is considered spamming, then yes

Definitely yes
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby biass » 26 Oct 2017, 07:38

Morax wrote:I just realized this is the guy who spammed a bunch of nonsense in one of my streams and others...

Moon, you got to sit back and write in a better manner than this. I didn't ask you to submit a thesis theory but as you should see in The message boards there's a lot of heavily-intellectual people here. Convincing other's your point is good will need to see a reduction in the use of meme speak.

Moon is trying to raise a legitimate point, please stop this low energy slander cancer :!:

I did some "background fact gathering" as you call it just now and aeon has:

Gun
Gun + Nano
Gun + Shield
Gun + heavy shield

And then

RAS AKA the only relevant one
Build power increase

The sacrifice upgrade, one of aeon's unique abilities, doesn't even have a preset?

Especially when it's considered that the Aeon SACU gun is really poor on comparison to the other factions, these presets are a little redundant in my opinion. All the other factions have a range of presets from drones to TMLS to cloaking, and aeon has 4 gun presets and noone even likes the gun in the first place? What about some chrono or sensors or scrying or something else from aeons large range of niche underused abilities?
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby JoonasTo » 26 Oct 2017, 10:02

biass wrote:The sacrifice upgrade, one of aeon's unique abilities, doesn't even have a preset?

You never want sacrifice on anything else than shield or RAS support commanders due to how it works. Sacrifice by itself would be pointless.

Speaking of how sacrifice works, pls give us teleport presets :lol:
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby ZLO_RD » 26 Oct 2017, 15:06

JoonasTo wrote:
biass wrote:The sacrifice upgrade, one of aeon's unique abilities, doesn't even have a preset?

You never want sacrifice on anything else than shield or RAS support commanders due to how it works. Sacrifice by itself would be pointless.

Speaking of how sacrifice works, pls give us teleport presets :lol:

Teleport preset would be OP in terms of adjacency, also enemy could hover over your scu and see that it is a teleport preset :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby JoonasTo » 26 Oct 2017, 15:12

No the adjacency bonuses are shit for Quantum Gateways, they were nerfed when ras presets were included.

But imagine insta building GCs with two telecoms! Would be so much fun :lol:
JoonasTo
Priest

Postby ZLO_RD » 26 Oct 2017, 15:37

But imagine insta building GCs with two telecoms! Would be so much fun :lol:

Uhmm why would it be 2 tele-coms? is tele-preset mass cost more than twice compared to RAS preset?
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby JoonasTo » 26 Oct 2017, 16:19

Isn't it?

Yeah, it's triple the cost.
JoonasTo
Priest

Postby Morax » 26 Oct 2017, 19:47

Aeon is op enough... It doesn't need "on-par" SACus. The new high-hp sniper bots scare me - I don't understand that move.

Also, Biass, you can suggest he is being serious all you want but I've played with him enough to know he doesn't understand enough to make this argument. You will likely fire back and call me "cancer" per the norm so don't even know why I'm replying to you... Whatever

ZLO points show got silly this argument is so why do I need to comment further?
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby moonbearonmeth » 27 Oct 2017, 00:32

ZLO_RD wrote:Teleport preset would be OP in terms of adjacency, also enemy could hover over your scu and see that it is a teleport preset :D

While I don't exactly want tele-presets this does run into the issue for both Aeon and Seraphim of having unique aspects of their support commanders being under-used.
Being able to see that it's a tele-preset sounds like a point for it though after all the counter to all underhanded tactics (nuke, tele-mazer, cloak-mazer) is scouting.

Morax wrote:Aeon is op enough... It doesn't need "on-par" SACus.

You use quotation marks yet I never once said "on-par". I don't want "on-par", I never asked for "on-par". What I want is for the Aeon support commanders to have the same level of uniqueness granted to the other 3 factions and for the whole preset idea to be better fleshed out with combinations people actually want.

Morax wrote:The new high-hp sniper bots scare me - I don't understand that move.

'If I change the argument to someone else's idea of balance on a completely unrelated unit I will make sense' Okay.
I have nothing to do with that, moving on.

Morax wrote:you can suggest he is being serious all you want but I've played with him enough to know he doesn't understand enough to make this argument.

1. Has nothing to do with the argument
2. You have played all of 3 games with me. If you can figure someone out after 3 games I will be impressed
3. It doesn't take "heavily-intellectual people" to notice Aeon presets are bland

Morax wrote:ZLO points show got silly this argument is so why do I need to comment further?

ZLO was arguing against a tele-preset. Something I never said and something I also don't agree with.

When you are ready to stop this slander campaign and actually have a discussion about the idea presented and not try to save face by understanding in 'private'. I will be more than welcome to talk to you.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion