speed of T2 air fighter(bombers)

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

speed of T2 air fighter(bombers)

Postby ABSTRACT » 03 Oct 2017, 19:27

The speed gap between T2 and T3 Air is currently very big in comparison to T1 and T2 air (actually its the same for fb).

This brings some problems (imho):

You have no real speed advantage if you wanna try to get air superiority vs T1 air level.
It is almost impossible to cushion the change to T3 air level with them.
It is harder to catch other T2 air units, especially T2 transports. (T1 Transports have a speed disadvantage to t1 fighters).

Im exluding the swift winds somehow (i know), but they dont really change the facts of gameplay because they are just avaiable for aeon.
ABSTRACT

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ABSTRACT

Re: speed of T2 air fighter(bombers)

Postby Wesmania » 03 Oct 2017, 20:41

Nobody uses t2 fighter bombers for AA anyway since their DPS is too low, and buffing their speed to catch T2 transports would make them faster than inties, which would make bombing much stronger. T2 transports being hard to catch by ints is also part of what makes them worth it, I don't think it should be nerfed.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby ABSTRACT » 03 Oct 2017, 21:08

Wesmania wrote:Nobody uses t2 fighter bombers for AA anyway since their DPS is too low.

i agree with this point, the gap between T2 and T3 AA dps is also very very big (even for swift winds).
I prolly forgot to mention this in my post.

Wesmania wrote:buffing their speed to catch T2 transports would make them faster than inties, which would make bombing much stronger.

Compare how you counter T2 bombing and T3 bombing with air. T2 bombing (below T3 air) is countered by T1 inties while T3 bombing is countered by T3 ASF. why not improve the aa abilities for T2 fighters then?

Wesmania wrote: T2 transports being hard to catch by ints is also part of what makes them worth it, I don't think it should be nerfed.

I'm not talking about nerfing T2 transports or nerfing something else. I'm just comparing how you catch T1 transports with T1 air and how you would do this for T2 transports with T2 air, and are coming to the conclusion that there are no real counterparts at the T2 level, because all T2 plaines with AA abilities have the same speed like the T1 units (except aeon), while T2 transports are faster than T1 transports. And this is ok as it is, since they have a higher lvl.
ABSTRACT

Postby lapantouflemagic » 08 Dec 2017, 14:17

i actually noticed that some time ago, i'm pretty sure that T2 fighter/bombers have been nerfed on their speed stat because they were too good at sniping ACUs.

but it's true that now they're pretty shitty against T1 fighters, basically one T2 fighter/bomber is worth 8 T1 fighters in mass, with absolutely no mobility advantage (that is critical for planes)

if it were up to me, i would give them a higher speed so they can give a decent fight against T1, but increase their fire randomness regarding ground attack, so that their bombs are less efficient against small targets like mexes or ACUs, but still good against bases.
lapantouflemagic
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: lapantouflemagic

Postby ABSTRACT » 17 Dec 2017, 16:11

lapantouflemagic wrote:[...]i'm pretty sure that T2 fighter/bombers have been nerfed on their speed stat because they were too good at sniping ACUs.

I agree. But is their speed the problem? You have the same problem with T3 bombers (and they are faster). The difference: T3 planes have working AA abilities.
ABSTRACT

Return to Balance Discussion