Balance patch 3688 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3688 Feedback Thread

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 29 Sep 2017, 20:30

But think is that this post is not about me,
This is about feedback toward this patch, im not that one who should be convinced.
Im only one of many who discuse ower this point my opinion in this discusion is not more important as yours.

Spoiler: show
But while i spend two years over this i can say that i know damn a lot about it.

"While the system isn't game-breaking,"
Its kinda is game breaking, while it cause situation when best target for experimetals are enginers, and comon situation is that experimental will end from battle with more hp as when come in dangerouse place where enemy cause damage to it. We adapt ower becasue it was here for very long time, but it breake logic of game.

"that resources could have been better used in (...) updating other areas of the game"
what other areas you mean ? what should be next direction for fueature patch?

Spoiler: show
"Also questioning how Ithilis can be trusted to give a reasonable opinion if he is seriously arguing that this system is EASIER to understand than the old one. "
old system was analogical setup numbers on every single units that someone say are corect. This system setup 3 rules that are same for every units.
you can remember 3 rules or 2150 numbers with multiple exception.

ADDED
We all time talk only about acu veterancy and absoluthly ignore other 350+ units that also get veterancy and should be equivalent parth of this discusion, none talk about them becasue its too complicate to remember and care about them. And thats whyle i think its more simply, while this is not only about acu and its 20/40/55(?)/90(?)/120 vet points, there are also other units.
Last edited by Ithilis_Quo on 29 Sep 2017, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Franck83 » 29 Sep 2017, 20:57

Totaly true. It's one base communication rule : never aim people, always focus on the subject (although you can express personal feeling).

Suggesting an idea than simply contesting. Solution oriented thinking is much more constructive.

And never forget that a compromise is a win.
Alliance of Heroes Mod is out ! Try it ! It's in the Mod Vault !
Franck83
Evaluator

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 122 times
FAF User Name: Franck83

Postby Wesmania » 29 Sep 2017, 23:54

I get the impression most issues with the new system would be gone if we just went back to the 'last-hit' system rather than proportional one. No more random vet gains because a far away unit died, no more guessing how much vet will killing a unit give me, and units that deal serious damage are still very likely to get the kill. Make some tweaks like lowering vet gain for engies, eco buildings and ACUs, and we're good.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 30 Sep 2017, 04:36

in SupCom 2, factories got xp from making units. I do NOT suggest to copy that and add it but I would suggest adding engineer vets that would a) increase hp slightly b) increase build speed c) speed d) all of the above. The way engies get vet is through reclaim and every 100 * N^2 mass that they reclaim they get a veterancy (so first 100 mass, then 400, then 900 and so on).

Maybe we could even let ACUs vet from reclaim and it won't be imbalanced since ACUs are not used as field engineers, they are used as, well, offensive units that can reclaim some wrecks afterwards and if someone decided to spend some APM to manually reclaim around their ACU they deserve to get something in return.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Farmsletje » 01 Oct 2017, 01:46

Franck83 wrote:Totaly true. It's one base communication rule : never aim people, always focus on the subject (although you can express personal feeling).

Suggesting an idea than simply contesting. Solution oriented thinking is much more constructive.

And never forget that a compromise is a win.

Maybe if someone can decipher his message we can focus on the subject
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby C-Star » 02 Oct 2017, 11:10

Thx for the patch, Thx for the Work.

i mentioned something about Novax a few Month (actually years) ago in a Novax-Thread. I'like to repeat that now, where it was touched and the problem remains.

Whenever you target manually on a low-hp target (e.g. a t3 engi or hard damaged cruiser with 200 hp left) the satelite shoots it down and then stops firing! That way the rest of the firecycle is wasted. This is kinda stupid, cause if it would have chose that target automatically it would have swiped over to the next target, dropping the rest of its beam..

So make it behave like any other unit in the game: It should search for next target, after all manual attackorders are done, WITHOUT breaking the firecycle.

Ist there a bug for that?
C-Star
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: C-Star

Postby Feather » 05 Oct 2017, 23:44

I like how control+k'ing in setons mid to suicide on the better player has got nerfed now. Very good change just because of that.

There is one small problem and one big problem now. The small problem is now a few units need balancing like cruisers should not have to kill 40 t2 bombers to vet, maybe?

The big problem is not in balance but that the games will be more laggy since people won't care to feed arties into experimentals for fear of vet. I did a couple scout spam strategies and it was very effective in a couple of my games.
Feather
Banned

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Feather

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 06 Oct 2017, 23:21

I would like to point out that the air experimentals are now quite fragile since you can't "farm vet on t1 engies." Just had a game where it took 3 bombs to vet once, after killing many t3 engies, two nuke defense, shields, etc. Lost the bomber because could not gain HP.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby IceDreamer » 07 Oct 2017, 01:34

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:I would like to point out that the air experimentals are now quite fragile since you can't "farm vet on t1 engies." Just had a game where it took 3 bombs to vet once, after killing many t3 engies, two nuke defense, shields, etc. Lost the bomber because could not gain HP.

This is great feedback, it confirms something I've long suspected (That Air Exp power was too dependent on the instaHP vet). Time to make them into the beasts they deserve to be for their mana costs!
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby JoonasTo » 07 Oct 2017, 08:37

Not so.

This is just the regular problem of ASF being ridiculously OP at killing stuff. So I wouldn't go trying to tank up air EXPs just yet. ;)
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion