T3 land suggestion

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

T3 land suggestion

Postby Theyesser » 08 Aug 2017, 18:06

So i heard suggestions were welcome concerning t3 land and how to balance this in order to counter the t2 skip strategy.

First i want to quickly poit out that yes, im a noob, yes the change i propose is quit radical and yeah first post so i hope it complies with the rules.

Here is how i see the game going now.

There is an emphasis on rushing t3 land and air as well, a strategy i have to admit I also use often, and thus the games often consist of an eco stage at the start, and an stage after that where people throw t3 and exp at each other. Only on for example wonder, spam is a common strategy.

Here is a way i would suggest the game going and what the different techs might be used for.

T1 for early game and raiding
T2 stronger and more expensive, very good against t1 but slow and easily outflanked,
T3 difficulty dealing with t2 because of the large t2 armies and slow fire rate of t3 but with the option of raiding units which are again able to outflank and quickly kill mex and other vital structures. But because of high alpha damage capable of, in the late game, dealing with t4 in large numbers, especially the percival.
T4 with bigger cost and relatively, to t3, the same capabilities being only viable with high eco,
game enders only becoming build able once you are playing sim city and have 300+ eco.

In general I propose that instead of nerfing the t3 you could make units more expensive, requiring quick response when the shift is made but with the units and especially hq being so expensive that the cost of rushing would hamper the economy too much.

Feedback welcome
Thanks for reading atleast.
Theyesser

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Theyesser

Re: T3 land suggestion

Postby biass » 09 Aug 2017, 07:40

Theyesser wrote:In general I propose that instead of nerfing the t3 you could make units more expensive

that is literally a nerf though
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Re: T3 land suggestion

Postby Theyesser » 09 Aug 2017, 07:53

Fair enough, but because all tech gets more expensive it still doesn't change its position relative to the other units while hampering the effectiveness of a rush/ t2 skip
Theyesser

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Theyesser

Return to Balance Discussion