Cyb ACU´s cloak useless

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Cyb ACU´s cloak useless

Postby ZeRen » 25 Jul 2017, 22:09

so I talked about this with Jagged and he told me to write on forum...

so why is cloak bad?
- super expensive
- give only 15k HP
- omni reveal ACU model (not show it is radar blip, like you know mole under radar)
- drain -3000 e
- can be targeted

so Cybran has no early/mid/late def upgrade, ONLY very late, that is not just bad, but super expensive

you know some one once told me, that you build steath gen in your base, build some moles, get ACU´s cloak ans you are well defended againts snipes ( becouse they have to choice what radar blip to target- just like ACU with subs under water)
if true I would have noting againt cloak as it is now

well not the case, any omni will reveal ACU, that you will see it as ACU, can target it with strats and kill it

about offensive cloak ACU, yea by the time you can afford it, enemy team will have omni tower, so remains defensive use...,
not even much good for that, because T3 scouts and GC and ground fire ( or just target ACU when scout fly over ACU)

so lets compare with Aeon for example:
you get +29k HP for 2500m, 130k e, -250e/s (cloak +15k HP 6000m, 750k e, -3000e/s)

so both ACUs are upgraded, then Aeon player need to build stealth gen in base
--- now only scout can find Aeon ACU ( just like Cyb´s) , Aeon has way more HP then Cyb and can get it much cheaper and much earlier

suggestion:
- show cloaked ACU under omni as radar blip (like mole on radar)
or
- make it much cheaper ( similar cost to sera second nano)
- increase drain from -3k e/s up to -8k e/s
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Re: Cyb ACU´s cloak useless

Postby Evan_ » 26 Jul 2017, 05:41

Decreasing mass cost for the tradeoff of power will cancel eachother out. Actually it will be more expensive since the extra 5k energy needs 6.5k mass in T3 power generators. I know I'm nitpicking here but seriously...

In the meantime I think something small but fair would be removing ACU footprints if possible.
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby keyser » 26 Jul 2017, 12:33

I think by "make it much cheaper", he meant mass and e wise.
So increasing the e cost, might not cancel completely the reduction in price.
kinda of easy to get, hard to maintain upgrade
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby ZeRen » 26 Jul 2017, 22:07

keyser wrote:I think by "make it much cheaper", he meant mass and e wise.
So increasing the e cost, might not cancel completely the reduction in price.
kinda of easy to get, hard to maintain upgrade

exactly, you know old Aeon heavy shield is better then cloak

if omni can reveal exact model of Cyb ACU (you see ACU, not radar blip), what is the point of cloak? and for this price?
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby Wesmania » 26 Jul 2017, 23:22

Agreed, cloak is currently in a somewhat bad spot. I wouldn't mind making it cheaper (say, around the cost of mazer), but maybe heavily nerfing the HP boost and making HP a separate upgrade.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby ZeRen » 27 Jul 2017, 07:52

Wesmania wrote:Agreed, cloak is currently in a somewhat bad spot. I wouldn't mind making it cheaper (say, around the cost of mazer), but maybe heavily nerfing the HP boost and making HP a separate upgrade.

really? no def upgrade for Cyb, cloak worst HP boost and you wanna nerf it :!:

why not remore cloak completly, so Cyb has no def at all?
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby Mephi » 27 Jul 2017, 09:36

Just to clarify, you know, that the t3 omni sensor only has a limited omni range, which is far smaller than its radar range? So in many cases the omni of your t3 sensor doesnt reach the enemy base, therefore the cloak cant be spotted besides t3 spyplanes flying over but their omni range is really minimal( i think you can compare it with the minium firing range of a t2 arty).
More info on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A05U1jlRIJU

Overall im not sure if cloak needs a change but i brought it up in the balance team
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby ZeRen » 27 Jul 2017, 10:43

Mephi wrote:Just to clarify, you know, that the t3 omni sensor only has a limited omni range, which is far smaller than its radar range? So in many cases the omni of your t3 sensor doesnt reach the enemy base, therefore the cloak cant be spotted besides t3 spyplanes flying over but their omni range is really minimal( i think you can compare it with the minium firing range of a t2 arty).
More info on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A05U1jlRIJU

Overall im not sure if cloak needs a change but i brought it up in the balance team

some one didnt read my first post....
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby Mel_Gibson » 27 Jul 2017, 11:53

If cloak is deemed useless on 6v6 10x10 maps, can we please not make it op on the beloved, jewl in the faf crown, setons clutch? Thanks

Also,
ZeRen wrote:suggestion:- show cloaked ACU under omni as radar blip (like mole on radar)or
Surely this would be a nerf unless all cloaked things in the game were seen as blips? If you weren't aware the enemy had a cloaked acu, a blip in the late game would stick out like a sore thumb.
ZeRen wrote:suggestion:- make it much cheaper ( similar cost to sera second nano)
- increase drain from -3k e/s up to -8k e/s
The cheaper cost would be offset by the extra 5k e drain in less than a minute.
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Mephi » 27 Jul 2017, 12:01

I would sum up your post this way:

If under omni coverage the ACU model is displayed although it has cloak like the mole. Therefore you cant use moles to generate fakesignals to protect your ACU while it is in your base. Your conclusion is that cloak is too expensive for the way it works now.

As i wrote, usually your base is not covered with enemy omni, so that is not a real problem. Only if enemy spyplanes with their minimal omni range catch your acu for a second, it is revealed and can be targeted. Imo that is a very special case, although i can see it happen in the very late game with huge economies. If you can afford cloak, your opponent can mostlikely afford big scoutstreams. But then having a radarblip is also not a real obstacle, because you can always check if a blip is the acu, by trying to capture it.
Sure you can try to avoid that by sitting your ACU in the middle of a 100 moles but i doubt that is realistic.

But overall i kinda agree, that ACU and mole should have similar behaviour.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Next

Return to Balance Discussion