Any ideas for t3 land yet?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Any ideas for t3 land yet?

Postby Morax » 26 Jul 2017, 14:38

JaggedAppliance wrote:I'm just gonna call bollocks on this one. No one has contacted me wanting to get involved with balance in months. If anyone would like to contact me, please do. I would love more help.

This is why I don't like how you and Tokyto operate: you expect people to come to you; you need to be proactive and ask people to assist you.

Say I were to volunteer and help test: what would you have me do?

Would you have a day and time or agree to play the balance beta in sandbox and actual 1v1 matches?

You are using very vague responses and it sounds like you are afraid to alter "this great game."

I think it's a bit much to get precise details out of a post like this yet I'm upset I have to write such aggressive statements toward you to get anything at all.

I wish you well but it's very transparent how you operate.

And for the record, I'd be very happy to help test for a couple hours a week. I still want to finish that Bermuda game where I unfortunately lost internet... It was fun : /
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby JaggedAppliance » 26 Jul 2017, 14:58

If I was motivated to work on balance the minimum I would do is contact the balance councilor. In fact that's exactly what I did when Zock was balance councilor. When I was made councilor I did ask people to join the team but I am not going to message people constantly to get them involved. If they have a genuine interest then I'm sure they can contact me, I'm not difficult to get a hold of.

You specifically have contacted me about certain issues for example about a certain unit. You said you believed there was a problem with unit whether it was too good or didn't work as it should etc. I suggested you do some tests to display the problem and that was the last I heard about it. This is not unusual really but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to hound people to contribute, it won't achieve anything.

Organisation is not my greatest strength and organising people to do testing is extremely difficult for obvious reasons, just look at tournaments. And that's just organising games, not work.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Morax » 26 Jul 2017, 15:52

If you need replays to be posted of how people still dismiss t2 land for Cybran and Aeon in favor of going t1 --> t3 then something is wrong.

Also, look at my post in mapping on "General Forged Alliance Mapping Survey." That thread is surprisingly clean in feedback and gold-rich in information.

You should be able to do something like that if you are going to hold a position as councillor.

I'd rather map and create content as it's a huge issue in the game where there are not really much to choose from. If you want though, let's discuss some feedback you want from the community to gauge what is happening.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby doctor brachman » 26 Jul 2017, 18:37

what's going to happen to uef late game if t3 land gets nerfed. at the moment what makes uef a viable option against the other factions, which all have grate late game experimentals, cybren has crab aeon has GC and fim can use the chicken ( although it's widely known that fim late game is pretty awful(which I hope will be addressed by making t3 fim land better) is the Percival's effectiveness against close fire experimentals if t3 land gets nerfed the Percy will not be a viable option to act as a buffer/ shield for fatboys to do damage. If t3 land is nerfed in some way ( which I think it should be ) then the uef really need a direct fire experimental.
doctor brachman

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: doctor brachman

Postby doctor brachman » 26 Jul 2017, 18:43

what's going to happen to uef late game if t3 land gets nerfed. at the moment what makes uef a viable option against the other factions, which all have grate late game experimentals, cybren has crab aeon has GC and fim can use the chicken ( although it's widely known that fim late game is pretty awful(which I hope will be addressed by making t3 fim land better) is the Percival's effectiveness against close fire experimentals if t3 land gets nerfed the Percy will not be a viable option to act as a buffer/ shield for fatboys to do damage. If t3 land is nerfed in some way ( which I think it should be ) then the uef really need a direct fire experimental.
doctor brachman

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: doctor brachman

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 26 Jul 2017, 18:43

there are some ideas
http://equilibrium.x10host.com/changelog/#t3land

and you know its done, now. Same as year, 2 years in past, not "after one next patch we are thinking about..." Its already done not in 2037
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Mel_Gibson » 26 Jul 2017, 20:24

Morax wrote:As to Mel_Gibson's screenshot, it is a little concerning about dedication considering it has taken this long.

I would just like to clarify, my post was in no way aimed at Jagged. I have no doubts about Jagged's commitment, on the contrary in fact, I'm a big fan of Jagged as can be seen by the enshrinement of him in my !topwords. I was merely shitposting as usual. Aim small, miss small. Freedom. Peace up. A town down.
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Morax » 26 Jul 2017, 22:56

It doesn't even seem worthwhile to care...

I can't even describe how disappointing it is to try when it's all based around a dying veteran population

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Morax » 27 Jul 2017, 17:19

Could a mod delete this thread? It serves no purpose

I've issued an apology to jagged in light of this...

Bad day and he was brought into a mix of rage : /

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby biass » 27 Jul 2017, 17:36

I mean
Surely you should be reading your posts before you post them and be able to determine "This post will spark some rage from the person i am speaking to"

Here's an example:

Morax wrote:This is why I don't like how you and Tokyto operate: you expect people to come to you; you need to be proactive and ask people to assist you.

And here is a thing that might make you feel the same way as JA but i didn't say until now because i didn't read this thread:

The General Mapping Survey didn't give anything useful
It only looked like it gave feedback to you, because you were too new to the scene to notice common responses to released maps

You got either A: the standard asks from a map that a player wanted (for example, keyser will always mention/req uw mexes)

Morax wrote:1) Increase the reward for successful raiding.
2) Decrease reclaim totals so territory control is more important

This is common ask number one, everyone wants this, no matter what you do, or how many maps you create

The others didn't really know what they want (one guy said he liked large spawn distances and then in the next question wanted hard ffa maps so he could punish players that flew too far away)

Spoiler: show
No offence to those who gave feedback or to morax in particular, im sure some new creators got something out of it, i just doubt vets did
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
FAF User Name: biass

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion