Cybran desperately needs something for floaty crap

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Cybran desperately needs something for floaty crap

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 22 Jun 2017, 21:22

Cybran frig is the cheapest and the best, their destroyer has the highest range and 2nd best DPS and 2nd best anti-sub capabilities, their cruiser is fucking OP in 1v1 fights against other cruisers since it has Salem's gun + nanodarts, What more do you want on cybran navy? at t1/t2?
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby speed2 » 22 Jun 2017, 21:56

For everyone who thought that nothing good can come out of this thread, I have a floating Mantis Gerridae mod for you viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14788
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby ZeRen » 23 Jun 2017, 17:53

Lich King wrote:Cybran frig is the cheapest and the best, their destroyer has the highest range and 2nd best DPS and 2nd best anti-sub capabilities, their cruiser is fucking OP in 1v1 fights against other cruisers since it has Salem's gun + nanodarts, What more do you want on cybran navy? at t1/t2?

do you see many cruisers fight each other? no? I wonder why :lol: :lol:

their cruiser is fucking OP in 1v1 fights against other cruisers

ah this made me laugh so much :lol: :lol: you dont build cruiser to fight navy, but for AA defence, you know it kill planes ;)

OP in 1v1 fights against other cruisers? GOOD :D , because it is shit at killing planes, you know worst cruiser
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby TheKoopa » 23 Jun 2017, 18:14

Aeon destro and cybran destro have same range
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Nepty » 23 Jun 2017, 18:27

That Salem AA... That's the real joke.

Cybran cruiser is a pretend Salem. Traded its legs, torpedoes, and torpedo defense for a zapper, a nanite launcher, and refueling pad.
That rare moment when your renegade lands on your cruiser.

I feel all warm and fuzzy when I observed that event. I'm surprised UEF's destroyer didn't have the landing pad at the rear. Most real life destroyers do. Obviously I just wanted to land a stinger back there.
:D
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby Farmsletje » 23 Jun 2017, 19:35

I didn't know cybrans had cruisers
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Iszh » 23 Jun 2017, 20:16

Cybran got 3600 mass aircraft carriers which can direct fire with starting corsairs. Thats the real cybran cruisers. Those weird t2 carriers with slow motion anti air rockets are for ......... no idea.
Cybran carrier attack.JPG
Cybran carrier attack.JPG (104.83 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Gitaxian » 24 Jun 2017, 19:11

I won't pretend to know the balance of the game better than other people, or that there's an actual balance issue here. What I do disagree with is the use of "faction diversity" to defend it.

There are three types of faction diversity:
Positive diversity is when a faction has a capability unique to them. The UEF are the only ones with T3 point defense, for example.
Parallel diversity is when every faction has the same capabilities, but with some slight differences. Most units in Supcom have equivalents across all factions, even if they all have slightly different stats.
Negative diversity is when a faction lacks a capability all the others have. In this case, the Cybran are the only ones lacking a hover unit.

Any of these can be balanced, but negative diversity isn't fun. That said, there are solutions that don't involve adding a hover unit to Cybran and still solve the problem. For example, to create Positive diversity, rework the Riptide so that instead of hovering it either sinks like the Wagner or acts as a surface naval unit vulnerable to torpedoes, thus making hover unique to Aeon and Seraphim. Of course, the difficulty of balancing changes might outweigh the improvement in player experience, but it's at least worth considering.
Gitaxian

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Gitaxian

Postby FtXCommando » 24 Jun 2017, 19:18

Your positive diversity is the unique tank that doesn't float for Cybran players.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby IceDreamer » 24 Jun 2017, 19:21

An interesting point, but talking in purely game design terms as you are, where does one draw the line between a faction having a negative diversity element, and two factions having parallel resultant diversity when one aspect of negative diversity is directly compensated by an aspect of positive diversity.

Cybran does not have T2 Hover
Nobody other than Cybran has T2 seabed assault/sneak capability

It can be argued that Wagners are actually better, fundamentally, than the three hovertanks, for actually winning the game. They are fast, strong, and sneaky AF, which is what Cybran are all about. Is the Wagner a lack of a Hovertank, or is it a unique unit. Should the other factions be given sneaky bottom-huggers?
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion