Cybran desperately needs something for floaty crap

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Cybran desperately needs something for floaty crap

Postby RocketRooster » 21 Jun 2017, 06:02

Anihilnine wrote:It's ok for Cybran to have a weakness in an area.

Agreed, for all factions. Nevertheless, glaring weaknesses that force a specific strategy if they are not to be ruthlessly exploited become old rather quickly. The weaknesses of the other factions have varied means of being avoided without having a specific playstyle and strategy dictated.
RocketRooster

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: RocketRooster

Postby biass » 21 Jun 2017, 06:13

Look i mean, we sit here saying for the last three pages that frigates counter hover
but you're still mad that cybran has no hover to deal with navy. why?

high noon is an interesting map where it forces you to not mindlessly make up 7 or so landfacs at the start of a game

you have the opportunity to use your air, and your navy rush, and all this other fun shit, but you're mad you cannot make infinite mantis and walk into enemy base?
i did say you'll need to learn something else other then making mantis rooster and you didn't listen and look where you've gotten, nowhere

wagners are hilariously good to the point of being op with how good they can deny mexes and i would take them over other hover units any day
cybran still has the best frig, and making up arbitrary excuses to not make them in high noon is crippling yourself, open up your mind to the possibility and get creative
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby KeyBlue » 21 Jun 2017, 09:17

RocketRooster wrote:To place it into perspective, I think the shitstorm that would unfold if any faction were forced to build an air factory to counter land spam would be of immense proportions.

You mean a faction called cybran?
If they either use naval or land mobile stealth then opponent is forced to make air.
I guess we should just remove mobile stealth from the game then.
Or give every faction stealth? Or every frigate/scout gets big omni range?

There is simply almost always one "better" counter, but some factions have extra ways to deal with things.
Cybran is stuck with navy and air vs opponent navy.
Others can use hover. Guess what one of the better counters to hover is? navy!!
So your opponent making hover vs your navy basicly works in your favor since you can mass efficiently kill it.

And consider this:
if you lose navy against hover, where is your mass going?
How can your opponent have enough mass to mass inefficiently kill all your navy?
Surely this means you can get an advantage somewhere else on the map?
If not then you need to figure out how your opponent got his lead instead and avoid that from happening next time.

Incase of losing navy factories before you even got any amount of naval units out?
Well then just get earlier navy, I doubt there are many good maps where you can't rush navy fast enough to avoid getting hover rushed to death.

Also:
None of the factions will be getting any new units or big ability changes.
Unless there is an obvious missmatch. Since there is no big mismatch in the current meta, I doubt this will happen.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby RocketRooster » 21 Jun 2017, 11:16

biass wrote:Look i mean, we sit here saying for the last three pages that frigates counter hover
but you're still mad that cybran has no hover to deal with navy. why?

No... Cybran has no hover to deal with hover. Yes, I can spam navy. On some maps that investment goes to waste for lack of utility elsewhere on the map, whereas if I were able to spam hover it wouldn't go to waste. If I lose navy and production, I can't chase away whatever is left of the enemy fleet or keep them at bay except by spamming air. In other words, cross-contamination of spheres as a forced playstyle whereas other factions don't have this limitation.
RocketRooster

Postby biass » 21 Jun 2017, 11:31

RocketRooster wrote:On some maps that investment goes to waste

what are you on about?

You're investing (not much tbh) into defending against hover? and keeping your pond open to spam wagners, make destros and other later stuff, and making secondary aa, and radar?

what else are you gonna """"""""""""""""invest into?"""""""""""""""""" enemy is gonna neeed to sink farrr more mass into hover in order to do damage vs frigates, there is absolutely no reason to pussy out of it and be here in the first place

and if that doesn't work, why wont bombers? or a ghetto? its so easy to think up different ways to beat hover instead of bashing the same thing back for 20 minutes

sad!

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Postby RocketRooster » 21 Jun 2017, 11:56

I'll just build mantis then. You can selectively quote as much as you like. There's a second half of the argument you're avoiding.
RocketRooster

Postby biass » 21 Jun 2017, 12:03

Well

"Im scared of losing navy but i won't build frigs"

i dont really need to discuss that

biass
Contributor

Postby RocketRooster » 21 Jun 2017, 12:07

:lol:

How about "I'm forced to build navy since that is the pigeonhole set out for Cybran players. Failing that, I'm forced to build air to get back into the water."

You seem to think I'm concerned with mathcommander. Rather missing the point isn't it?
RocketRooster

Postby Mad`Mozart » 21 Jun 2017, 12:39

If its sera fobos then with a bit of practice your frigs become 14893427389x cost efficient.
If its some other crap, build wagners. Little shits are OP as fucking f*** (sorry). Enemy cant see them moving underwater 90% of time and it takes far more mass invested in navy to counter them. Subs cost more than frigs and do less dps so glhf catching em (btw if you replace hover with wagner in this thread's complaint it actually starts making some sense).

Why complaining about balance if you plain suck. Go get some game understanding first.
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby nine2 » 21 Jun 2017, 12:42

rooster doesnt like having to build frigs on maps where frigs can only be used for defence - not for offence.

i say it doesnt matter. cybran can have this weakness. they don't "desperately" need another solution.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion