Balance patch 3684 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3684 Feedback Thread

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 30 May 2017, 20:25

Evildrew wrote:I guess we will just have to content with unranked games or being forced slowly into a balance version where whoever has influence on the guys with keys can changed the game until their standard build order and preferred game style gives a substantial advantage and they can win some games since the community feedback keeps getting ignored :)

Afaik Thermo is unranked anyway, isn't it?
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby keyser » 30 May 2017, 20:26

evildrew you don't build arty in the early game, only when the 1st pd are getting up or when the army are so big that you can abuse range of arty to deal free damage + aoe kill a lot of opponent tank.
medusa are really good in combination with mantis at 7-8 min, and they are doing epic in combination of rhino.
this not theory like you say, we are top ladder player, so we know what we are saying.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Farmsletje » 30 May 2017, 20:37

Evildrew wrote:Chicken never needed a buff but someone must have figured out how to do all these bad things and has got away with it...

Evildrew wrote:the community feedback keeps getting ignored

I hope you realise that almost everyone in the community wanted a chicken buff because it was a shit t4?
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Iszh » 30 May 2017, 20:46

No farms it was no sarkastic joke. I ve seen nuke subs on seton very often doing their job great. I think if you ask galacticfear and foley they can remember even more games where nuke subs prevented gameenders. I myself destroyed not long time ago with 5 nuke subs a very far away nuke defense out of range for torrent and won the game with nukes later. Those things are nuke launchers and the 5km range tml is a nice bonus. No matter how the unit design of torrent and omen are, i just wanted to show the reason why i havent seen a single torrent in my last 30 seton games but i ve seen for sure lots of nuke subs. In fact it is a must atm once you won a seaside you start spamming nuke subs and t3 pgens on setons. I dont really know on which map else you could use nuke subs. Most of maps are to small and in 1v1 will never happen.

A sat change to be something useful would be really a nice thing Jagged <3

The static aa buff is really really a very nice thing. I myself tested this change some time ago and it is nice that you can hit reliable t3 bombers with t2 stationary aa guns now. On land maps for example people can spam t2 static aa guns if air players fails and wont die immidiately.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Evildrew » 30 May 2017, 21:06

Evildrew wrote:
Chicken never needed a buff but someone must have figured out how to do all these bad things and has got away with it...

Evildrew wrote:
the community feedback keeps getting ignored

I hope you realise that almost everyone in the community wanted a chicken buff because it was a shit t4?

I will say this, the chicken has always been the biggest and strongest of them all, it cannot lose with ion storm, it was always well balanced with this feature :)
Maybe you need to see a chicken with a few T3 mobile shields, then you know what power is.
Evildrew

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Evildrew

Postby FtXCommando » 30 May 2017, 21:54

Yeah, no, that's totally wrong.

Chicken was without a doubt the worst front assault t4. Now it has an actual ability to kite land groups of t3 due to the change in fire direction.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby TheKoopa » 30 May 2017, 22:06

FtXCommando wrote:Yeah, no, that's totally wrong.

Chicken was without a doubt the worst front assault t4. Now it has an actual ability to kite land groups of t3 due to the change in fire direction.

Nah monkey is worse in frontal assault
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Farmsletje » 30 May 2017, 22:51

Evildrew wrote:I will say this, the chicken has always been the biggest and strongest of them all, it cannot lose with ion storm, it was always well balanced with this feature :)
Maybe you need to see a chicken with a few T3 mobile shields, then you know what power is.

Maybe try to play an open land map versus an equal amount of mass in percies (with the old balance) and see how it goes.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 30 May 2017, 23:14

Flak shouldn't be able to hit T3. The reason WW II style flak cannons are obsolete now is that today's planes fly at super- or hyper-sonic speeds, therefore flak just cannot catch up. This game is set in 39th century, by then flak has advanced, sure, but so have the planes so flak shouldn't be able to RELIABLY hit T3 air unless it's a gunship.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby PhilipJFry » 30 May 2017, 23:21

Lich King wrote:Flak shouldn't be able to hit T3. The reason WW II style flak cannons are obsolete now is

stopped right there... we're playing a scifi rts game where you have lasers, teleportation etc etc if you feel like this isn't realistic enough you can play ARMA.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion