Balance patch 3684 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3684 Feedback Thread

Postby NapSpan » 28 May 2017, 17:55

Morax wrote:I can understand a buff to seraphim as the faction is pretty poor overall, but UEF had arguably the best t2 pd, t3 pd; aeon have Aurora and good t2 pd; Cybran have tickle beam towers which need a strong mml to hold pd creep, no?

I dont know why UEF need buff in mml, we have T3 mml after all there are no T2 defense that can hold more than 10 mmls... I like the change for diversity but you know, we already have one unit firing 3 missiles at once. Maybe 2 missiles is enough...
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby TheKoopa » 28 May 2017, 17:56

IceDreamer wrote:Because thats not the whole story. Fact was that non cybran mmls werent just worse than cybran, they couldnt do their job at all. Shields and tmd rendered them utterly and completely pointless most of the time. I think thats more what jagged and co were looking at

What?

The only mml that ever had trouble was aeon and not even that bad
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Morax » 28 May 2017, 19:05

yeah, ice I do not agree with that logic at all. Yes, it is not as effective as cybran, but it does its job. the aeon mml is slower and weaker because they are amazing across the rest of the board. Defense-breaking at t2 level is tough for them as fervors and auroras can pretty much plow through anything now thanks to a few t1 maa holding off bombers.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby fires123 » 28 May 2017, 19:28

I think the reclaim changes are bullshit, your scenario is good when the wreck fields are in the middle and always contested but what about the exp's wrecks that are always closer to ennemy base, it was fun to make a drop of 6 engies to retrieve some of the mass but now a drop like that is worth jack shit. +Megalith reclaiming was OP and fun.

So yea, I disagree with those changes
fires123
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby IceDreamer » 28 May 2017, 19:41

Just saying my opinion, and what I think jagged was getting at. Could be wrong.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby zeroAPM » 28 May 2017, 19:57

fires123 wrote:I think the reclaim changes are bullshit, your scenario is good when the wreck fields are in the middle and always contested but what about the exp's wrecks that are always closer to ennemy base, it was fun to make a drop of 6 engies to retrieve some of the mass but now a drop like that is worth jack shit. +Megalith reclaiming was OP and fun.

It also means that the enemy can't build a EXP in 3 seconds flat with that mass so it's slightly better for the attacker
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Farmsletje » 28 May 2017, 20:43

fires123 wrote:I think the reclaim changes are bullshit, your scenario is good when the wreck fields are in the middle and always contested but what about the exp's wrecks that are always closer to ennemy base, it was fun to make a drop of 6 engies to retrieve some of the mass but now a drop like that is worth jack shit. +Megalith reclaiming was OP and fun.

Yeah instead of reclaiming 300 mass/s you only get 150 mass/s from a measily 6 engineers. Totally not worth at all.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby JaggedAppliance » 28 May 2017, 21:15

ParallaxCore wrote:Hey guys. Thanks a lot for maintaining this great game. But with each patch you created in past few months, I kinda get the feeling all factions are getting slow by slow pretty interchangeable. The sera gun upgrade - pretty silly still though. I almost think it's a joke. You have to give up HP (from T2/T3) and regen (for the tele) = your death is pretty certain, and the Sera ACU telemazor - ugh... not practical... ;) (And the mass cost increase... hmm)

The missile launchers - why make them so that they are all "like cybran"?

I don't understand why the reclaim time increase at all, except that some people had some feelings - but that is as valid as my feelings, I can give you that...

Somehow I don't really feel this path is actually "balancing", but making all factions feel the same, and slightly moving towards the feeling "I don't care what units I have as long as there are many" - like, why the hell should the flak be able to hit T3 planes more easily? It's becoming pretty much irrelevant what faction you chose, and what units you build. If it continues like this.

Not nice. Sorry, I am getting a bit detached from this game due to the changes.

Thanks for the comment. The sera gun upgrade is not meant just as a telesnipe tool, that is really a niche use for it.

The MMLs are actually now more differentiated from each other in terms of how they function, but they are closer in terms of their effectiveness.

T2 static flak didn't hit t3 air at all previously, now it can do some damage but it is not a sufficient counter. The sera gun upgrade will increase faction diversity by making a unique upgrade actually viable while before it was never built.

Lots of MML stuff

I think it's possible these changes go too far and make other factions' MMLs "too strong" but I haven't seen this in beta testing. Hopefully you all will go out and abuse them to show me just how good they are, I will be watching closely :D To the comments saying that MMLs were basically all fine and even aeon MMLs were good, I simply disagree. Aeon MMLs especially were completely terrible and the difference between cybran MMLs and the rest was too large.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby CavemanHost » 28 May 2017, 21:48

JaggedAppliance wrote:The sera gun upgrade is not meant just as a telesnipe tool, that is really a niche use for it.

Well, when would I get it? In a team game at least, it is almost pointless. At the time you get this, there are already T4s and T3 Air all around you, at least in many team games. I doubt one will get to see this often in ladder games either. Not that I don't like the change, but I still don't see much use for it. What and when should I use it for?

Maybe with a bit more range, It could kill a T4. Like the Aeon com can kill a ML from range, if used properly.
CavemanHost

Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: CavemanHost

Postby JaggedAppliance » 28 May 2017, 22:00

EmptySlot wrote:
JaggedAppliance wrote:The sera gun upgrade is not meant just as a telesnipe tool, that is really a niche use for it.

Well, when would I get it? In a team game at least, it is almost pointless. At the time you get this, there are already T4s and T3 Air all around you, at least in many team games. I doubt one will get to see this often in ladder games either. Not that I don't like the change, but I still don't see much use for it. What and when should I use it for?

Maybe with a bit more range, It could kill a T4. Like the Aeon com can kill a ML from range, if used properly.

It was used several times in FAFBeta teamgames by keyser and farmsletje, for example replay 6174293. Maybe not the greatest example but it was the first one i saw :D
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion