Wassa useless

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Wassa useless

Postby Masyaka » 19 May 2017, 21:36

It never drops the bomb. Once a little rock gets under it when it has to drop it DOESNT drop. 2-3 swings and dead without dropping a single bomb.

Force it to drop the bomb damnit
Masyaka
Priest

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Rok-Weiler

Re: Wassa useless

Postby Endranii » 19 May 2017, 21:44

Ground attack.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby Masyaka » 19 May 2017, 21:45

Endranii wrote:Ground attack.

Too complicated!!!
Masyaka
Priest

Postby IceDreamer » 20 May 2017, 01:09

Stop trying to micro it. Seriously.

I keep trying to reproduce this complaint, time and time again, but I can't. Give it a good run-up, select a target, and leave it the hell alone. It drops.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Masyaka » 20 May 2017, 07:25

IceDreamer wrote:Stop trying to micro it. Seriously.

I keep trying to reproduce this complaint, time and time again, but I can't. Give it a good run-up, select a target, and leave it the hell alone. It drops.

I've sent it directly from my base on gap by clicking on enemy com once. No more control, i just waited for it to do it but it had to swing while out of map.
Masyaka
Priest

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 21 May 2017, 00:26

The mountains on GAP mess up all pathfinding the bombers have to do. Send them through the gap instead. If they go diagonally they've got more time to target and the height difference that messes that up isn't present through the diagonal.
Attachments
6240212-Plasma_Wolf.fafreplay
7 minutes of build fun and ahwassa fun
(11.08 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Nepty » 21 May 2017, 04:20

Now that problem is somewhat solved, I have question​ about the wassa.

The bomb explodes twice according to its animation, but hits once for some reason. Would it be logical if it actually hits twice?
The total damage can be divided into 2 segments. It might be more effective at eliminating​ weak shield generators.

According to my observation the bomb explodes ( and fractures the terrain in 3 directions). It charges shortly after and explodes again.

The bomber should at least have the ability to completely destroy a isolated tech 2 shield generator in one pass, in my opinion.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby RocketRooster » 21 May 2017, 07:40

Masyaka, you are forever bitching and moaning about this or that FAF related issue. Just play the damn game and enjoy it in the spirt it was made.
RocketRooster

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: RocketRooster

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 21 May 2017, 11:15

Nepty wrote:Now that problem is somewhat solved, I have question​ about the wassa.

The bomb explodes twice according to its animation, but hits once for some reason. Would it be logical if it actually hits twice?
The total damage can be divided into 2 segments. It might be more effective at eliminating​ weak shield generators.

According to my observation the bomb explodes ( and fractures the terrain in 3 directions). It charges shortly after and explodes again.

The bomber should at least have the ability to completely destroy a isolated tech 2 shield generator in one pass, in my opinion.

The bomb's risidual damage is still applied after a shield collapses. So everything below a UEF shield generator loses 2k HP. I agree with the idea, the animation is a 2-stage bomb, but if anything, you'll only nerf the ahwassa that way, a UEF T2 shield generator assisted heavily by hives/kennels/SCUs, can be over the 5.5k HP needed to survive the second part of the bomb.

Increasing the damage of the Ahwassa bomb isn't a good idea to compensate. This will make the Ahwassa too powerful.
Attachments
6242080-Plasma_Wolf.fafreplay
Ahwassa bomb after shield collapse
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Nepty » 21 May 2017, 11:26

Okay cool, thanks for the information! I'm looking for simple ways to make Seraphim better as a faction. :D
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Next

Return to Balance Discussion