need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Re: Cybran t2 pd

Postby Morax » 04 May 2017, 19:09

Farmsletje wrote:Thats the whole points... they are so bad they might not even be in the game.

It's not as useless as a mongoose mech :D

With hoplite, viper, rhino I don't think it's too concerning to have crap pd. Keep it as a "use in this, this, this situation" as-is and help people realize they should use the units I mentioned... Who doesn't like watching groups of stealth field hoplites wreck armies from afar?
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby keyser » 04 May 2017, 19:22

it's not like buffing a little bit cybran pd is gonna make hoplite, rhino less interesting to use...
usually you want to build pd in some situation, ex rambo com attack you; in this case building more hoplite/rhino won't really help, apart from feeding your opponent. You kinda force to build these T2 pd.
and it's not because you have other good unit that a unit need to be as much crap as it is useless to build it (cybran T2 pd not really useless, but you get what i'm mean)
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Morax » 04 May 2017, 20:25

Keyser, see my post on previous page :D
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby RocketRooster » 04 May 2017, 20:53

I've just had a crazy idea. Make the Cerberus a tier 1 structure, buildable by engies but not the barebones ACU, while keeping the cost and damage profile the same.

Think about it for a second. Making them accessible to T1 would increase their usefulness a lot, without them impacting the T2/T3 stage in terms of defensive capability apart from there maybe being a few more of them, or making Cybran PD creeps a thing.
RocketRooster

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: RocketRooster

Postby FtXCommando » 04 May 2017, 21:21

RocketRooster wrote:I've just had a crazy idea. Make the Cerberus a tier 1 structure, buildable by engies but not the barebones ACU, while keeping the cost and damage profile the same.

Think about it for a second. Making them accessible to T1 would increase their usefulness a lot, without them impacting the T2/T3 stage in terms of defensive capability apart from there maybe being a few more of them, or making Cybran PD creeps a thing.

Do you realize this would make Cybran inconceivably OP? T2 pd range on t1 phase has absolutely no counter. At all.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 05 May 2017, 00:36

RocketRooster wrote:a crazy idea

Yes, crazy indeed. Too crazy to consider.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby RocketRooster » 05 May 2017, 05:06

I'm not convinced. You still need to pay for it, plus have the buildpower for it. It's not like you have an excess of either in the early game, neither will your expansion engies simply be able to spam them up and be immune to destruction. The Cerberus is easily overwhelmed by T1 spam no matter what tier it sits at.

In fact, I'd go as far as to argue that using them this way in the early game has increased risk.
RocketRooster

Postby FtXCommando » 05 May 2017, 05:17

RocketRooster wrote:I'm not convinced. You still need to pay for it, plus have the buildpower for it. It's not like you have an excess of either in the early game, neither will your expansion engies simply be able to spam them up and be immune to destruction. The Cerberus is easily overwhelmed by T1 spam no matter what tier it sits at.

In fact, I'd go as far as to argue that using them this way in the early game has increased risk.

You realize that a T2 PD isn't even as expensive as 2 T1 PD, right? And with that 1 T2 PD you are now totally immune to any sort of raiding group because arty cant do anything about it.

With your logic, you might as well as let t1 engies build every unit. Get rid of tech levels for all structures. After all, you need buildpower for it and you need to pay for it. You don't have an excess of either in the early game so it's ok.

Also the cerberus is probably the 2nd best PD for dealing with t1 spam so I have no idea what you're talking about with it being "easily overwhelmed."
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby RocketRooster » 05 May 2017, 06:08

I'll take on Cerberus turrets with T1 spam any day.

By YOUR logic, being able to build experimentals with T1 will be game breaking because everyone will have spammed up a GC by the ten minute mark. Absurd.
RocketRooster

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion