AA on Cybran Carriers broken?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

AA on Cybran Carriers broken?

Postby Endranii » 19 Mar 2017, 18:01

Ok so one time I thought that as I'm in late game on setons and have the mass then why not get carrier for AA protection of my battleships and air staging facility for supporting my navy push. But if everything was working as intended then I wouldn't be here i guess? So is it intended that cybran carriers AA are missing all the shoots from 65-100 range when carriers from Aeon and Sera are rekting all air in their AA range? And it's not like the aa projectiles are to slow to hit fast moving targets as sera AA weapons have the same muzzle velocity and same range yet are capable of hitting just fine on the outskirts of the AA range. So not only cybran carrier have smaller DPS but it also wastes it on shooting targets that it will never hit god know why? And as such you either have to micro your carrier to shoot targets that can actually get hit by AA or just waste the already lower dps of cybran carrier.

Stats: http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/URS0303,UAS0303,XSS0303
Replay when i did some flying around carriers: 5955637
Attachments
5955637.fafreplay
Rep
(14.75 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Re: AA on Cybran Carriers broken?

Postby Evan_ » 20 Mar 2017, 02:07

Did some testing and indeed the Cybran AA is pretty bad. Can't kill an asf that makes a single pass over it and has trouble with groups flying over because it's guns are too slow (and it keeps switching targets).

Aeon and Seraphim are much better. I know they're 400 mass but that's only an asf more, and the carrier's have better hp and damage output (no tmd though).

Aircraft Carriers should definitely punish ASF for flying over them, and the Cybran one just doesn't.
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby galacticfear » 20 Mar 2017, 15:18

Cybran carriers are extremely strong vs t1 air, t2 air, t3 gunships + to some extent strats. They have good flak aa, not sam missiles needed to kill asf.
galacticfear

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 85 times
FAF User Name: galacticfear

Postby Endranii » 20 Mar 2017, 17:02

Yes it is true that they are strong just like the other carriers in 0-70 range but the thing that I observed is that they tend to miss nearly all the shoots when distance to the air target is over 65 or smt around this number making it quiet strange as seraphim carrier with similar armament can hit the targets reliably.
And if you say it is intended as cybran have tmd on carrier then it's not a valid point as aeon have guided missiles and sera have TML while both have also higher DPS than the cybran one. And that's why I'm wondering if it is intended that only cybran can hit those targets reliably or not? Even more so as the aim is not off when it comes to the speed of enemy aircraft but simple the fact that the projectiles are flying over or below the target.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby PhilipJFry » 20 Mar 2017, 17:32

The firing pattern of the Cybran Carrier was probably never changed in FAF. What the devs at gpg did intend or not is something we can merely guess at this point. If you want reliable AA dps in the water i suggest you make cruiser and static aa and don't rely on carrier 100% for that.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Farmsletje » 20 Mar 2017, 18:03

Cybran cruiser Kappa
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower