Beetle nerf

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Beetle nerf

Postby Wesmania » 15 Mar 2017, 13:45

I'd like to argue a bit about the way beetles were nerfed.

The beetles were nerfed because a beetle transport essentially functioned as a more powerful mercy, with 50 times more hp, but having to come way closer to detonate. I don't think the nerf to transport clamp number was the best solution - it also nerfed beetle drops in many other places:
  • When using a stealthed t1 transport, you can now drop just 1 beetle instead of 4 ( or things like 2 beetles, 2 engineers).
  • The beetles are still pretty useless barring drops, since any land force at all can screw their pathfinding and kill them before they detonate (except for extreme situations where you have a land army pushing on a back player, for example).
  • With latest auto-oc changes, safeguarding against beetle ACU snipes that aren't dropped on their heads is even easier.
  • With latest building HP changes, beetles kill both t2 mexes and their reclaim, making beetle drops to kill / steal t2 mex mass less viable.
In my opinion, beetles are hardly useful for anything right now except killing buildings in undefended bases, and artillery already does that unhindered by t1 PD and with no pathfinding issues. The kind of nerf I'd love to see is:
  • Keep the single transport clamp,
  • Decrease the damage to 3000 or 2500 (with building nerf it still kills most t2 mexes), maybe slightly increase AoE,
  • Disable their weapons while in a transport and for ~3 seconds afterwards (I believe it can be coded in lua).
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Re: Beetle nerf

Postby Farmsletje » 15 Mar 2017, 14:12

Wesmania wrote:With latest building HP changes, beetles kill both t2 mexes and their reclaim, making beetle drops to kill / steal t2 mex mass less viable.

This was a thing? :D
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Re: Beetle nerf

Postby Wesmania » 15 Mar 2017, 14:34

Farmsletje wrote:
Wesmania wrote:With latest building HP changes, beetles kill both t2 mexes and their reclaim, making beetle drops to kill / steal t2 mex mass less viable.

This was a thing? :D

I was using this pretty often, it's really awesome.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Return to Balance Discussion