Patch 3676 Feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Patch 3676 Feedback thread

Postby JaggedAppliance » 04 Mar 2017, 23:34

http://content.faforever.com/patchnotes/3676.html

This is the place to leave your feedback on balance patch 3676.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Re: Patch 3676 Feedback thread

Postby galacticfear » 05 Mar 2017, 01:42

Not played it yet, but any % reversal of previous hp nerfs seems good to me.
galacticfear

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 85 times
FAF User Name: galacticfear

Postby Farmsletje » 05 Mar 2017, 01:47

#MakeT2RadarGreatAgain
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Nepty » 05 Mar 2017, 13:16

Yes yes. Aeon tech is based on Seraphim technology. It makes perfect sense that Seraphim buildings are more durable than Aeon's.

I love when patch changes are logical, and match up with the official Supcom story/data.

Hopefully the testing goes good.
Keep up the good work.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby Agrum » 05 Mar 2017, 15:17

I don't like at all the changes made in patch 3674 : these HP changes doesn't provide a faction diversity. If i got you right, you wan't to have weak cybran buildings with regeneration, but that regeneration doesn't equal the less hp of that buildings. If somebody decides to snipe a Hq building wither a bomber strike, he will do it anyway, the regeneration can't save it. In fact cybran are now handicaped since they have much less hp then all others - they became more vulnerable. And if this wouldn't be enough, it's now harder for cybran to kill bulding of the other factions, thats a double nerf.
You guys in balance ain't stupid, you recognized the changes are to harsh and with patch 3676 you are adding more hp to the support factorys and a higher regeneration rate for cybran. That's not solving the problem i described above. Regeneration is good for units, wich can move/ escape from an attack, back to shelter and recover their hp - that work doesn't for buildings. I have the feeling the balance team is pushing this hp reduction / faction diversity thing no matter if i works or not. And for me it just doesn't work.

Before patch 3674 came out Tokyto started a survey on faction standing across stages :

i refer to point 3) combined graphs

Best/worst faction evaluation
uef 3.43
cyb 3.65
aeon 3.52
ser 3.17

This shows the faction are pretty close together - seraphim are estimated weaker then all others. Wich i agree with, i participated in this survey too.

My proposition would be : don't go further with theses hp reduction / faction diversity BS - the game is 10 year old, and for me there was right from start enough faction diversity. The balance before patch 3674 wasn't that bad and i propose that it would be better to do something on seraphim, maybe on cybran too if you really think they're to strong. I don't know what to change exactly, but fortunatly that's not my job.

For me the game was fine with patch 3662 - i could use some more missiles in tml , and radar on t1 bombers - i can live with that.
But for me 3674 was a step in the wrong direction, and 3676 isn't making it any better.

pls remember : the people come to play this game, no to beta test it.
Agrum
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Agrum

Postby IceDreamer » 05 Mar 2017, 19:44

Your complaint is that the changes have given Cybran a handicap, and you object to that. Objection noted. However, giving Cybran a handicap was in fact the point... That was a major objective. We won't know if it's worked for a few months yet. Also, if 3674 was bad, then 3676 is by definition making things better, just not enough better for your liking...
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Yakmann » 06 Mar 2017, 18:10

I'm personally very happy about the Seraphim HP changes. Also like the T2 Radar change, maybe this also helps newbies with their intel issues.
Yakmann

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Yakmann

Postby JaggedAppliance » 06 Mar 2017, 20:27

@Agrum, thanks for your comment. The next patch will be focused on dialing back several of the hp changes introduced in 3674. I know you said that people don't come here to beta test but ultimately there is only so much testing that can happen prior to patch release, and balance is an ongoing process. It takes time to see the effects of changes like this so I'm giving them the space to do so.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby THEALPHA » 11 Mar 2017, 15:02

Wagners need a buff ether too ther torps or a reduction in price because they are crap compared to uefs hover tank but the same price and
Spoiler: show
remove the torps because they are useless atm bricks torps need a buff to or removal because why tickle me to death the torps are like the gun on the uef scout usless
THEALPHA

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: THEALPHA

Postby PhilipJFry » 11 Mar 2017, 15:21

Wagners aren't meant to fight naval units they are already strong enough right now imho.
Same goes for the Brick if you use that unit for it's torp dmg you might want to think again.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Next

Return to Balance Discussion