Patch 3676 Feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Patch 3676 Feedback thread

Postby JaggedAppliance » 16 Mar 2017, 21:44

Anihilnine wrote:I haven't read all of the justifications for everything because it's too involved - but if you could be bothered dear Balance Councilor ...

I wonder what the long term balance plan anyway? Like what are the "big problems" we are trying to solve. Is appears that Cybran needs to be nerfed somehow, I can see that. Isn't there a huge issue that T3 Air is too good? That the transition between T2 and T3 land is not great enough? That it's just not worth building T2/T3/Experimentals at various parts of the game because T3 Air / ACU's are too powerful?

So question 1 is "what do you see as the big problems to solve in your role as BC?"

And question 2 is "how do ACU hp changes and factory changes further that plan?"

I wonder if that such changes are not really achieving that much in terms of rebalancing big issues, and because of the controversy maybe not worth it. Which isn't to say the changes are right or wrong - just to say that they aren't right enough to be worth the heartache.

At the same time I realise that smarter people than me are talking about all this so I'm just curious - not judging.

Thanks

Just realised I never responded to this. I agree that the long and short term goals should be set out for the community to see. I'll write something on this soon.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Re: Patch 3676 Feedback thread

Postby Morax » 18 Mar 2017, 12:42

JaggedAppliance wrote:
Anihilnine wrote:I haven't read all of the justifications for everything because it's too involved - but if you could be bothered dear Balance Councilor ...

I wonder what the long term balance plan anyway? Like what are the "big problems" we are trying to solve. Is appears that Cybran needs to be nerfed somehow, I can see that. Isn't there a huge issue that T3 Air is too good? That the transition between T2 and T3 land is not great enough? That it's just not worth building T2/T3/Experimentals at various parts of the game because T3 Air / ACU's are too powerful?

So question 1 is "what do you see as the big problems to solve in your role as BC?"

And question 2 is "how do ACU hp changes and factory changes further that plan?"

I wonder if that such changes are not really achieving that much in terms of rebalancing big issues, and because of the controversy maybe not worth it. Which isn't to say the changes are right or wrong - just to say that they aren't right enough to be worth the heartache.

At the same time I realise that smarter people than me are talking about all this so I'm just curious - not judging.

Thanks

Just realised I never responded to this. I agree that the long and short term goals should be set out for the community to see. I'll write something on this soon.

Could we vote on the general direction rather details?

Zock made a nice post with an "A" or "B" option, to which he refused to follow, but perhaps you can restore a partial community vote on these difficult choices.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion