3674 hp changes feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: 3674 hp changes feedback thread

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 17 Feb 2017, 22:30

Ars Nova wrote:Personally, I think putting buildings at greater risk of destruction will lead to players being more conservative.[...]

(shortened the quote a lot to save space, if you want more explanation, read the detailed post)

From my experience, that is not true. Battle for Middle-Earth 2 is an example I'm very familiar with. Due to battalion clumping, you could easily kill buildings in 2 strikes with most infantry units. The game was very tank rushy, both parties sent units past each other prioritising buildings over units. C&C Generals was close to that in some MUs.
FAF is very far from that. To me, the game seems rather turtleish. More raiding opportunity is certainly something the game would benefit from imho.
Yes, that can heighten skill floor and ceiling a bit but there are some easy solutions to compensate (convenience features like area commands and engies not breaking tree groups).
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby Evildrew » 18 Feb 2017, 15:29

Ok I have read all comments

@Lich King, Janus bomber is fixed in Pre_August_2016_Balance patch, there is no reason why it is not implemented into the normal game instead of the stupid version which drops bombs from the tip of its wings and can drop 2 separate loads if micro'ed...

Some points to consider:

So the main point here is that HP changes for eco buildings and factories should not be based solely on faction as they dont generate more resources or have any other abilities, dont cost any different from each other but they have different HP. This is absurd. However I do think that the HP nerf on eco buildings and factories is great as it puts emphasis on more attacking than defending play styles which make games interesting and more dynamic than they were before.

*I am of the opinion that mexes and pgens should die to on average 2 bombers of equal tech level instead of the 2-4 it used to be. HP however should be near identical for all factions though, f.ex.:
500 HP for t1 mex and pgen (aoen 3 t1 bombers due to emp special effect)
2K HP for t2 mex and pgen
6K HP for t3 mex and pgen (3 t3 cybran bombers due to stealth special ability)

*Same point goes for Factory HQs, the reductions are great, it is now possible to kill those turds with bombers, not just tml, that is a great improvement. I actually lost a sera T2 navy HQ to torpedo bombers in a game last night, that was like a first, but great to see :)

*TML missile damage should be reduced to 5K damage from 6K as this would be in line with the ACU HP nerfs last year and the eco buildings and factory HP nerfs recently. The idea here being that we narrow the damage differential between bombers and TML to make both a viable option of taking out strategic buildings (like mexes, Pgen, HQs).
(Cybran T2 HQ could in this case have 5500 HP and still survive 1 TML hit marginally)

*I also think that T2 Fighter bombers need a mass cost reduction and all T2 units need a slight build time reduction to be relevant enough that skipping to T3 for T3 units is less of a no-brainer.

So when thinking about balancing, dont argue about top level 1v1 players tend to win more often with cybran so cybran must be too strong. Those players have particular play styles, preferences, strengths and weaknesses which is based on their experience of playing the game. Factions have strengths and weaknesses depending on the maps themselves, so faction balance can never be perfect for every map and when we play 1 map all the time or substantially more than others we often overlook this. Besides, faction choice does not decide games as much as more efficient ecoing and superior strategic decision making, these things cannot be measure by the parameters that we can change in lua files.
Evildrew

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Evildrew

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 04 Mar 2017, 19:35

Evildrew wrote:*TML missile damage should be reduced to 5K damage from 6K as this would be in line with the ACU HP nerfs last year and the eco buildings and factory HP nerfs recently.

No. That will upset something else - right now, 2 TMLs are required to kill an ACU. should the damage be 5k - all ACUs except cybran will require 3 tacs instead of 2, further nerfing the cybran.

On F/B - good thought, I'm all up for that.
Spoiler: show
soon in v4 of my mod
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Gorton » 13 Mar 2017, 22:17

You currently can't kill a uef acu with 2 tacts unless you had some script to make sure they launched and hit at the exact time (or you get really lucky with location) - a uef acu will still have 1 hp due to regen.
The same would happen with a 10k hp cybran acu if missile damage was 5k, so changing this would make all the acus a 3-shot w/o upgrades.

Neutral on the subject of changing the damage though.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Exotic_Retard » 13 Mar 2017, 23:25

clearly noob norton doesnt know how to snipe properly :D
tmling uef com is eaaaasy and same story with any 6000X hp thing.

maybe you should learn a thing or two from e clan )))
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Gorton » 14 Mar 2017, 20:00

You wanna prove that in some test with many feasible circumstances?
I call bullshit, no misleading the people please

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 14 Mar 2017, 20:35

Gorton wrote:You wanna prove that in some test with many feasible circumstances?

http://recordit.co/sp2jn6mCwA
http://recordit.co/7wFjprPTN3
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Gorton » 14 Mar 2017, 21:25

And how many times did that take?
Spoiler: show
how long did that take..PNG
how long did that take..PNG (16.36 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
I did that ~50 times and got not a single result with any faction. Angle seems irrelevant, just luck.

I'd go as far to say it only happens with aeon at all.

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Postby Exotic_Retard » 14 Mar 2017, 21:40

Gorton wrote:And how many times did that take?

are you even serious? 1 try.

oh and it was uef as well
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Gorton » 14 Mar 2017, 21:43

Gorton wrote:You currently can't kill a uef acu with 2 tacts unless you had some script to make sure they launched and hit at the exact time (or you get really lucky with location) - a uef acu will still have 1 hp due to regen.

Gorton wrote:You wanna prove that in some test with many feasible circumstances?

Also i'd like to apologise to ithilis for wrongly thinking his replay was long - I guess it's bugged in the vault, since it says 1 hour when it's like 4 minutes long.

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion