Thoughts about Balance

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Thoughts about Balance

Postby Sovietpride » 16 Sep 2016, 15:44

I think both zock and Bh should sit out and let someone with clear drive and knowledge take charge.
I hereby vote Lichking for balance chancellor.

Heil hydra.
Sovietpride

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: Sovietpride

Postby Morax » 16 Sep 2016, 19:19

Mephi wrote:The goal of balance is not to make people happy, its about making the game better, even or especially if people at first disagree. Zock told me, that he could make changes, which a lot of people would like more, but he decided against it. If you want to know more about this, ask him.

And it would be nice if you could be a bit more polite in your posts, Morax

How do you expect me to be kind to people who simply desire changing up the gameplay thru balance because they're bored of it the way it is?

I don't want to change the entire gameplay flow; I just want to see some things changed (again, loyal/harb rush) little by little to fix what is there. It doesn't make sense to me why there needs to be such a dramatic shift and all the book-length posts by Zock etc are nice, but I don't agree with them. He has logic as to why he is doing things but it's not enjoyed: simple as that.

Personally, I think the "the goal of balance is not to make people happy" part ruins any credibility for those who understand and support Zock. That just sounds awful that you don't think the direction of balance can be achieved through a means that makes people happy AND fixes the game.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby TheKoopa » 16 Sep 2016, 19:39

No happy people = no players
No players = no balance
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Mad`Mozart » 16 Sep 2016, 19:45

Seriously, you people are so obsessed with making game "happy" and "fun". Do you even realize how incredibly subjective those words are? What makes one person happy, can make someone else unhappy, what the f*** are you going to do next lol.
Morax wrote:Personally, I think the "the goal of balance is not to make people happy" part ruins any credibility for those who understand and support Zock.

So conversely, it ruins your credibility if you see the goal of balancing the game to make someone "happy".
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Morax » 16 Sep 2016, 20:09

Dear Mozart, read the whole post and tell me how I only used the word "happy" and not "happy and fixed."

K thx love you bye. And, Mephi, Mozart is one the reason I won't be polite. He's just a d*** right off the bat for no good reason other than thinking someone is stupid for their opinions.

Morax wrote:the direction of balance can be achieved through a means that makes people happy AND fixes the game.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Mephi » 16 Sep 2016, 20:35

Morax wrote:How do you expect me to be kind to people who simply desire changing up the gameplay thru balance because they're bored of it the way it is?

Insulting people, because they have a different opinion about something? I am sad to hear that.

Morax wrote:I don't want to change the entire gameplay flow...

Yeah its for sure ok if you think so, but you have to accept , that it might not be the best way and people disagreeing with you.

Morax wrote:Personally, I think the "the goal of balance is not to make people happy" part ruins any credibility for those who understand and support Zock. That just sounds awful that you don't think the direction of balance can be achieved through a means that makes people happy AND fixes the game.

Surely it would be nice if the changes are useful and the players are happy, but thats impossible for many reasons, many different opinions are just one factor. But my mainthought behind this quote is, that a lot of people only see this one issue and not the big picture. Therefore their ability to judge is limited to some degree. The result is, that they think a certain change is bad, but only noticed one aspect of it. After some time they maybe change their opinion.
It sounds quite elitistic and its true yes.But i also dont claim this knowledge for myself, thus im not in charge of balance.

Morax wrote:5) I'm slowly starting to realize I hate at least 75% of the people in the community

If youre having problems with 75% of the population, then you might should rethink your behaviour. Im remembering you as a nice and cool guy, but it seems you changed drasticly.
Last edited by Mephi on 16 Sep 2016, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby Morax » 16 Sep 2016, 20:50

I honestly have no idea how to reply to that...

It appears two, differing opinions are about and it is proving very difficult to understand each other.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Mel_Gibson » 16 Sep 2016, 21:08

subjective.jpg
subjective.jpg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 2476 times
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Mad`Mozart » 16 Sep 2016, 22:18

Morax wrote:Dear Mozart, read the whole post and tell me how I only used the word "happy" and not "happy and fixed."

K thx love you bye. And, Mephi, Mozart is one the reason I won't be polite. He's just a d*** right off the bat for no good reason other than thinking someone is stupid for their opinions.

Morax wrote:the direction of balance can be achieved through a means that makes people happy AND fixes the game.

Oh come on. Wanna take it personal, catch me in aeolus sometime and ill gladly have some flame wars with you.
But yeah, having a conjunction there doesnt really change anything. And its not the first time i saw you mentioning making people happy and balance in one sentence either. And its still a bullshit point, you would rather want fix the game so it would make people happy, not fix it to make people happy (simple cause-effect relationship).

Also wanted to say thats its actually cool to see Zock replying to 90% of feedback and criticism. Big bonus points for him there, cant see BH doing same thing.

PS subjective mazafucka!
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Morax » 17 Sep 2016, 01:55

Or we could be adults and use team speak voice chat instead of "flame war" as you call it. It would be kind of hilarious to actually hear your normal, calm attitude translate this anger.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion