Titans: For Sparta!!

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Titans: For Sparta!!

Postby IceDreamer » 28 Apr 2017, 03:33

If one more person suggests something to the effect of "Make Titan and Loyalist have the same range", I am going to do something drastic.

Like turn all reclaim into frogs.

Or make every single map default to Setons.

Seriously. There are other approaches than just making them clones of each other.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby TheKoopa » 28 Apr 2017, 04:35

Make Titan and loyalist have the same range
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 28 Apr 2017, 22:03

IceDreamer wrote:If one more person suggests something to the effect of "Make Titan and Loyalist have the same range", I am going to do something drastic.

Like turn all reclaim into frogs.

Or make every single map default to Setons.

Seriously. There are other approaches than just making them clones of each other.

I suggested 2 other alternatives. I do not think that giving Titans and Loyalists the same range is a good solution to stay for year but what I DO say instead is that that should be implemented as a TEMPORARY solution until a better one is created. Unless you or someone else already has a good, working solution that does not make titans and loyalists the same but makes both useful in their own ways.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Resin_Smoker » 29 Apr 2017, 08:44

If the Titans stats, damage and range are not an acceptable option, then maybe try lowering its tech class. Honnestly it would fair better as a t2 then anything else. Further more the shield e-drain would prevent it being spammed.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby nine2 » 29 Apr 2017, 11:37

Maybe just remove titan since it has no role. Honestly.

Or how about create a whole new unit type... Give it half range and double dps, a bit more speed. Something to be great in early t3 but then phase out as bricks and percies appear. It would be a light harbie and good vs t2.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby CSI » 29 Apr 2017, 13:23

Make them fire from transports, it might be a solution to make them special without a stat buff.
CSI

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: CSI

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 29 Apr 2017, 16:07

CSI wrote:Make them fire from transports, it might be a solution to make them special without a stat buff.

Hell yeah!
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Farmsletje » 29 Apr 2017, 16:23

Yes that will make them viable in normal teamgames...
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 29 Apr 2017, 17:54

The only advantage of titans over pillars is that they're faster. They're harder to spam, have less HP per mass and they're outranged by the pillars. The only unit not outranging the Titan, that you may see in the Titan stage of the game is the Obsidian.

So you have two options: Increase the range so that the Titans are a match for their equal stage opponents (Either T2 or T3 level). The UEF already has units for that. The Pillar for T2 and the "Wreck Everything"-Percival. They don't need another. If you're having to fight against a T2 opponent, build Pillars, work on the upgrade of your eco and factories and switch to Percivals as soon as you can afford it. Don't bother with Titans.

The other option: make the Titan a raiding unit. Limited use at that point in the game, yes, but what else do you want? When Emerald Crater was in the 1v1 pool, I've seen it used with reasonable success. The map is so big and mexes are so far away from each other that slow units are absolutely useless until the spam gets going. That's where raiding units come in.

The use of the Titan will still be quite limited but it's something useful in the end.

In terms of faction philosophy, I don't think there's much of a problem. The Cybrans are the raiding faction but every faction has some decent raiding ability. The Aeon and Seraphim have it with their T2 hover tanks for example. Those units also have limited use.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby nine2 » 30 Apr 2017, 03:36

UEF don't need any buffs. UEF don't need a functional titan. Just remove it!
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion