T3 Artillery Range Topic is solved

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: T3 Artillery Range

Postby IceDreamer » 11 Jul 2016, 21:50

Nepty wrote:Funny, I thought:

UEF Duke = medium range, damage, AOE, and accuracy

Cybran Disruptor = low range, low damage, high AOE, and low accuracy.

Aeon Emissary = high range, high damage, low AOE, and high accuracy.

No unessasary nerfs to Aeon please. They're using alien (Seraphim) technology.

So...

UEF - Base, Base, Base, Base (As usual)
Cybran - Worse, Worse, Better, Worse
Aeon - Better, Better, Worse, Better

See, how the hell is that even meant to be OK? Especially since the latter two (AOE + Accuracy) are meant to balance out, but they simply don't. The Cybran's greater AOE in no way allows it to hit as often (Despite lower accuracy) as Aeon's lower AOE (Thanks to much higher accuracy). The hit rate against a single target is meant to be about the same overall as the two balance, that's the point. It's nowhere near.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby angus000 » 11 Jul 2016, 22:02

IceDreamer wrote:
Nepty wrote:Funny, I thought:

UEF Duke = medium range, damage, AOE, and accuracy

Cybran Disruptor = low range, low damage, high AOE, and low accuracy.

Aeon Emissary = high range, high damage, low AOE, and high accuracy.

No unessasary nerfs to Aeon please. They're using alien (Seraphim) technology.

So...

UEF - Base, Base, Base, Base (As usual)
Cybran - Worse, Worse, Better, Worse
Aeon - Better, Better, Worse, Better

See, how the hell is that even meant to be OK? Especially since the latter two (AOE + Accuracy) are meant to balance out, but they simply don't. The Cybran's greater AOE in no way allows it to hit as often (Despite lower accuracy) as Aeon's lower AOE (Thanks to much higher accuracy). The hit rate against a single target is meant to be about the same overall as the two balance, that's the point. It's nowhere near.

I'll take cybran's arty over aeon's any day. I have never been able to break through a couple of shields with less than 3 emissaries...
Cybran's greater aoe can at least hit multiple shields at the same time and eventually breaks through.

Duke is by far the best though.
angus000

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: flexible

Postby zolikk » 11 Jul 2016, 22:12

IceDreamer wrote:See, how the hell is that even meant to be OK? Especially since the latter two (AOE + Accuracy) are meant to balance out, but they simply don't. The Cybran's greater AOE in no way allows it to hit as often (Despite lower accuracy) as Aeon's lower AOE (Thanks to much higher accuracy). The hit rate against a single target is meant to be about the same overall as the two balance, that's the point. It's nowhere near.

Greater AoE means it's got a much higher potential damage. Since the total damage done scales with the AoE radius squared. Of course, that's dependent on having targets within the radius. But Cybran arty isn't meant to "hit the target", unless by target it means a base or an army as a whole, which it has no problem hitting.

AoE is not meant to be a compensation for lower accuracy to ensure "single target hit rate". AoE is a damage output increase.
zolikk
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Nepty » 11 Jul 2016, 22:38

angus000 wrote:I'll take cybran's arty over aeon's any day. I have never been able to break through a couple of shields with less than 3 emissaries...
Cybran's greater aoe can at least hit multiple shields at the same time and eventually breaks through.

Duke is by far the best though.

Aeon's artillery also hits twice with one shell.
It's a small special ability. It can effectively destroy a tech 2 shield generator. It's the only tech 3 artillery that can deplete a weak t2 shield, and destroy the generator with one shell. It rarely happens, but it can happen.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby biass » 12 Jul 2016, 01:58

Not even considering mass/e costs and bt and also seraphim arty in general smh
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Nepty » 12 Jul 2016, 05:36

biass wrote:Not even considering mass/e costs and bt and also seraphim arty in general smh

Seraphim exists? :lol:

LMAO I keep forgetting about that 'uncompleted' race. Seraphim T3 arty sounds the coolest when firing. All I know.
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby biass » 12 Jul 2016, 05:54

Sera gun noises are wank tho
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion