Fix the other factions and not Cybran!

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Fix the other factions and not Cybran!

Postby Mr-Smith » 13 Jun 2016, 18:55

You guys know i havent played much recently, except for that empire ladder week thing.

As far as my opinion goes all the recent patching/fixing in the last year, kinda shifted the game towards t3 stage.
T1 spam isnt worth it anymore, as T2 rush is so much more efficient. T2 spam isnt worth it anymore, as super fast loays now dominate.

Overall while before we had intese T1 fights with upgraded acus on most 5x5 maps, now everyone goes crazy fast t2 rushes, hardly ever see anyone going t1 spam anymore.

So the problem is the timing. Before you had a map like twin river, or theta, and spammed t1 than you got a ACU upgrade, and tryed to grab some map/reclaim. Than there was you choice to go t2 or not. and for that you had a very small window. to late or to early, and t1 spam would crush you. Now its like you build 10-15t1 tanks. throw them around for rading, and rush t2. its like the t1 stage got totaly removed, and the t2 stage is just a small transition phase to t3.
If you can't beat us...
...join us.
Doge This, hover ACU: https://youtu.be/a67tvWmu31Y?list=LLW-T ... O4fQ&t=179
Mr-Smith
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Mr-Smith

Postby Morax » 13 Jun 2016, 19:11

I wholeheartedly agree with Mr-Smith's statements.

Perhaps the best course of action would be to heavily decrease the cost of t2/t3 HQs, BUT, the time to upgrade is much lengthier; this way it will allow for teching to take place while you can afford to amass large armies. Part of the reason people just rush t3 is because once you get a t2 or tons of t1 power you can run harbs/loyas off t1 mexes alone and just spit from one factory - not ideal.

Watching Vya-3 gameplay these days does make me kind of ill... I hate seeing t3 land at less than 20-25 minutes.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby keyser » 13 Jun 2016, 20:58

i overall don't agree.
rushing T2 is often a really bad idea in a 5x5.
you can still do T1 push with gun, or T2 push with gun on 10x10. And it's pretty effective.
ofc if you take maps like vya, you gonna see much more T3 spam, even though T1/T2 can be dawn effective when not expected.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby NapSpan » 13 Jun 2016, 22:54

T1 swarms are usefull only if they have time to put pressure, in 20x20 maps by the time tanks reach enemy lines the other guy can have some T2 tanks, T2 PDs, better eco and reclaim (from your T1 tanks), in small maps it depends, you can rush T2 and try to hold the line but you can lose map control and be overwhelmed pretty quickly.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby Blodir » 13 Jun 2016, 22:57

I don't agree with Mr-Smith at all, on a standard 10x10 map t1 spam is still an important aspect, I'm all for creating a consistent flow of the game, instead of sticking to one tech level (t1) for an extended period of time
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Nepty » 02 Jul 2016, 01:08

Nerfing Cybran won't take away faction diversity . Cybran will still have unique units and abilities. Being OP is not diversity... Let's clear that up.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion