Seraphim T4 Assault Bot Ythotha

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Seraphim T4 Assault Bot Ythotha

Postby Um ZiniZini » 10 May 2016, 22:02

It is not that much of a balance issue to me its more the Anti air of the Ythotha that bothers me. I mean why put it in anyway? It does nothing to air its absolute futile can't shoot anything down. Can they make this a Pure t4 assault bot with no AA or just like give it more proper AA atleast. Whats an experimental doing with puny worse than t1 AA cannons on its shoulders? It would be nice if they remove it or merely Give it something a bit better like Improved T2 flack or something.
Um ZiniZini

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: UmZiniZini

Re: Seraphim T4 Assault Bot Ythotha

Postby keyser » 10 May 2016, 22:08

500 aa dps with 1.5 aoe.
It's one of the only aa weapon not useless on a T4.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Astrofoo » 11 May 2016, 00:54

keyser wrote:500 aa dps with 1.5 aoe.
It's one of the only aa weapon not useless on a T4.

Wait. It's 500dps with 1.5 aoe? :o :shock:
"So now everything without a shield is gonna die, and everything with a shield is gonna die a little later." -TA4Life on the Mavor
Astrofoo
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Astrofoo911

Postby IceDreamer » 11 May 2016, 02:05

Yup. Less effective than an ML against strats, but trying to engage a Ythotha with T2 Gunships is a very poor idea.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Um ZiniZini » 11 May 2016, 09:52

Ok on paper it sounds legitimate. I just remember once I sent a few T3 uef gunships vs the T4 Assault Bot but it didn't shoot anything down, it misses a lot. If it shoots down t2 gunships I guess and 500 dps 1.5 aoe doesn't sound bad. I just don't like the idea like say of Big units( battleships, Experimentals) having these small weapons sometimes that do nothing. Like the t3 UEF summit 4 rail guns AA with 14.12 dps or the t3 galaxy class battleship with 20 dps torpedo damage(torpedoes which get shot down anyway). It would be nicer if the summit had no AA at all or say it had improved T2 flak aa. I mean currently the summit cant shoot down air really with those guns, Galaxy class also does poorly vs one sub with its torpedoes, one on one vs T2 cybran sub the battleships goes from 47000 hp to 32250 hp in a pure torpedo based battle, it would be better if it had no torpedoes or stronger torpedoes than 20 dps or torpedo defence or something that makes it just noticeable that this ship indeed has something worthy of recognition below deck. I just don't like to think of this fantasy realm of supreme commander where the engineers thought like hey " lets make this big awesome battleship and put on these small futile AA guns on the end", or " lets make this battleship but with a twist give it useless torpedoes" , or " lets make a big stupendously powerful unit but give it like t1 A" its the concept thats really bothering thats all
Um ZiniZini

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: UmZiniZini

Postby Zock » 11 May 2016, 09:55

This token weapons were really good in vanilla, but gpg nerfed them all when they made FA because they caused balance issues.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby PhilipJFry » 11 May 2016, 10:14

IceDreamer wrote:Yup. Less effective than an ML against strats, but trying to engage a Ythotha with T2 Gunships is a very poor idea.

very poor idea for the chicken at best... 15 stinger will reliably take down that poor thing

edit: 12 gunships might actually die to the chicken -> 15 should do the trick
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby keyser » 11 May 2016, 12:20

actually it miss more than 90% of its shot :D
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Exotic_Retard » 11 May 2016, 12:37

the weapon is mostly cosmetic;
500dps sounds like a lot but the muzzle velocity is so low that by the time those glowing caterpillars make it to their destination the gunship is not only long gone but really its likely it could have come back.

i guess that this chicken thing is just a reminder that we should test instead of looking at a number and thinking its good/bad : )

remember to test kids!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Inquisitor » 11 May 2016, 12:48

I have one suggestion about its death weapon. Currently, this feature is a gamble, sometimes it benefits you sometimes it benefits ur enemy, which shouldnt happen. We should have an ability button (like OC or TMLs) to activate or deactivate the release of the lightning storm after death.
Inquisitor
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Inquisitor

Next

Return to Balance Discussion