Aeon Navy

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Aeon Navy

Postby Tremarl » 10 Oct 2015, 19:23

Destroyers need a buff to the projectile velocity of their shots as otherwise you can just avoid them with almost any unit of any speed. It is actually quite ridicolous.

Omen's need their physics fixing, either by better turn rates or different placement of guns. Currently they are very useless bships to attempt to micro with. If you can't mitigate the uselessness of its turning then at least give it better range.

Tempests need higher Torp DPS that or a higher range of its canon. It is very disappointing that a T4 Cannon ship has the same range as the UEF Bship. Maybe give the Tempest 170 range or so.

The nerf to hover has hit Aeon navy very hard since the Aeon navy was built upon hover spam. Its t3 was never desirable and its t2 is only effective at base besieging or against incapable opponents.
Tremarl
Spammer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Tremarl

Re: Aeon Navy

Postby yeager » 10 Oct 2015, 19:44

well, i can get behind tempest, and thats about it
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby JaggedAppliance » 10 Oct 2015, 19:47

Aeon has a very strong navy.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Reaper Zwei » 10 Oct 2015, 21:17

Tremarl wrote:Destroyers need a buff to the projectile velocity of their shots as otherwise you can just avoid them with almost any unit of any speed. It is actually quite ridicolous.

In small numbers sure but in large numbers not true.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby keyser » 10 Oct 2015, 21:31

it's pretty much the best destro imo. (sera destro is really good too though, nearly op in some situation)
good range, ability to kite, good life, good torp... only drawback is that it can be dodge, but it's the same for salem for exemple. In comparaison to salem, nearly everything is better.
and as it was already said, the more unit there is, the harder it is for dodging.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby ZeRen » 10 Oct 2015, 21:32

if someone rush tempest and you dont have BS, then Tempest is really scary( this happend to me one of last game very annoying to kill it)

you need almost 20 T2 subs, around 6 T3 subs ,or around 12 coopers(with no shield)

destros are useless(low torpedo dmg)
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby ZeRen » 10 Oct 2015, 21:33

keyser wrote:it's pretty much the best destro imo. (sera destro is really good too though, nearly op in some situation)
good range, ability to kite, good life, good torp... only drawback is that it can be dodge, but it's the same for salem for exemple. In comparaison to salem, nearly everything is better.
and as it was already said, the more unit there is, the harder it is for dodging.

yea you can pretty much dodge all Salem´s shots becouse you see the fire patern
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby yeager » 10 Oct 2015, 22:13

well, 80-90% of them, yeah

id say give the tempest a little torp buff, or a better fire rate,( but same dps) either way it would be nice
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Tremarl » 11 Oct 2015, 14:28

Destroyer ofc not a large buff just a light buff so that you can't dodge 10 shots at once because f*** projectile speed.

if someone rush tempest and you dont have BS --- So basically if someone makes a very expensive T4 Unit and you have no T2. Also t2 destroyers will kill a tempest without problem because of the minimum range and ease of dodging.

I've played with large numbers of destroyers in a game, and I am admittedly a weak player, yet I find it easy to dodge multiple aeon projectiles despite shitty UI lag.
If you just idly send your destroyers to walk around in circles then you will dodge aobut 60% of the shots..... Without any problem.
Tremarl
Spammer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Tremarl

Postby Zeldafanboy » 11 Oct 2015, 16:20

Tempest does need a buff, nobody ever uses it. Not sure about the other stuff though.
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Next

Return to Balance Discussion