why in my oppinion mantei should be nerfed

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: why in my oppinion mantei should be nerfed

Postby Blodir » 20 Sep 2015, 13:09

Joly wrote:I agree. Buff aeon and give aurora GC type level of weapons and the speed of spirit

mazormole still better

#imbacybran
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby yeager » 20 Sep 2015, 15:29

zeroAPM wrote:To the OP:

1: Your English is Ithilis-tier.
2: Git gud. The Mantis is only as good as the micro, tanks have much better turret turn rate and if a Striker and a Mantis hit each other 100% of the time (ie: they don't miss) the Striker will come out on top (even if badly damaged) and in a army a damaged unit hits just as hard as a healthy one.

If you want to be cheeky you could micro a LAB to distract them while the tanks pound them into dust.

And last but not least: Cybran T1 is supposed to be good since it's balanced by having bad T3, UEF is the exact opposite since Percies (and Rambo SCU) respectively hit like a truck and like a freight train.

????????????????????????????????????????
Cybran t3 is God like early, sure later you start having issues with percivals, but the loyalist MORE than makes up for that -.- that's the point of the cybrans, on all of the game there is no one tier where they suck, even t3 naval, that's why the defense sucks and why you can't abuse your com like other factions. Cybran is the only faction that has a chance of beating Aeon at t1, sera at t2, and uef at t3 their land force is great, air has the best air to ground in the game, and navy can steam role t1/t2 without much issue.
I just wish the mantis was a little more even, but still the same great unit. On open maps manis absolutely rule, you can barely get establish, and for aeon the issue doesn't end till t3 and sera it doesn't end ever, they just use hoplites (or wagoners, I use those when I play cybran and like the results) and then loyalists, and you never get a unit that can catch up except hover tanks, which are, well, hover tanks. I just think if this wasn't so bad at t1 it would be better.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Turinturambar » 20 Sep 2015, 21:11

briang wrote:They are unmicroable... you can dodge all day. But you can't read or something because he told you the problem. You can dodge all day but you'll never shoot back.

Cybran T1 arty is the worst at T1 stage. You are just too new to form refined opinions of how this game is balanced.

I send 107 mantis/mantei, 20 medusas and 5 moles vs 100 strikers 20 lobos and 5 snoops all in. Micro was nonexistent and the mantis won with ~20 survivers. So medusas cant be that bad in t1 combat to compensate the mantis strengh.
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby Turinturambar » 20 Sep 2015, 21:18

zeroAPM wrote:To the OP:

1: Your English is Ithilis-tier.
2: Git gud. The Mantis is only as good as the micro, tanks have much better turret turn rate and if a Striker and a Mantis hit each other 100% of the time (ie: they don't miss) the Striker will come out on top (even if badly damaged) and in a army a damaged unit hits just as hard as a healthy one.

If you want to be cheeky you could micro a LAB to distract them while the tanks pound them into dust.

And last but not least: Cybran T1 is supposed to be good since it's balanced by having bad T3, UEF is the exact opposite since Percies (and Rambo SCU) respectively hit like a truck and like a freight train.

1. Can pls give me the turret turn rate numbers so u can proove your statement?
2. How do the mantis end up winning in a big fight then? (just try it yourself 107 mantis vs 100 strikers)
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby zeroAPM » 20 Sep 2015, 21:26

cpu42 wrote:107 mantis vs 100 strikers)

At that point you should be getting Pillars and Parashields out.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Reaper Zwei » 21 Sep 2015, 04:24

cpu42 wrote:
2. How do the mantis end up winning in a big fight then? (just try it yourself 107 mantis vs 100 strikers)

They win because your doing something that wouldn't happen in game. No one in game takes 100 strikers and parks them nicely in front of 107 mantis so that they can fight fair and square. Those kinds of tests are interesting and can give you some basic stats but they don't tell the whole story.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion