Quick Idea

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Quick Idea

Postby Zoram » 28 Aug 2015, 14:16

Korbah wrote:The problem is complex and stems from a variety of factors - T3 is likely overly accessible. Whilst superior, t3 options are asynchronous in their effectiveness between units and races making global nerfs/buffs. Certainly the interplay between t3 navy and certainly air also compound the problem.

Did you smoke a thesaurus ? ;)
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby Exotic_Retard » 28 Aug 2015, 14:20

(prepares for hate)
that solution has been working in ithlis mod for a while now ;x

if you don't pay attention then t2 can kill t3.
if you micro your units, t3 outranges and rapes t2 like it does now
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Sir Prize » 28 Aug 2015, 14:32

Korbah wrote:Except that it's not that simple.

T3 land is clearly superior to T2 - by design.
So is T2 land compared to T1 land, T1 spam is much more viable against T2 than T2 is against T3. It really is that simple. I can't see how it interacts with navy, air or how easy it is to get T3 in comparison to T2, but if you're not just talking for the sake of it and have some evidence or replays please bring them up.

And yes, nerfing T3 would require a T4 nerf too, but I don't see the problem there - T4 needs a nerf to build time for starters anyway.

Balance team will sort it out ;)
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby KD7BCH » 28 Aug 2015, 19:39

briang wrote:Othuum needed a buff whether or not Ilshavoh got nerfed or not. Seraphim late game has ALREADY been looked at and been found lacking NOTHING NEW. That isn't what I am trying to establish. I am trying to establish that buffing the othuum is the right step for Seraphim late game and that I think a rework is better than some stat changes.

All I am asking for is:

- Your opinions on the best way to rework the Othuum

I am not asking for:

-Your opinion regarding ANYTHING else

Yeah come on guys if he wants to make a change in a vacuum he should be able to do it and you should all agree with it right now, I mean what is the issue? Never mind that the way to win with Sera in T3/T4 is in the air, and with ARTY if it draws into an hour long+ contest, you punish from afar with Seraphim or you mount up some SACUS with teleport and bomb them into a base, I mean no no no you don't do that, we have to buff this T3 TANK or the game will fail to attract new players. Now who's with Big Bird Briang here?
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby KD7BCH » 28 Aug 2015, 19:41

Sir Prize wrote:
Korbah wrote:Except that it's not that simple.

T3 land is clearly superior to T2 - by design.
So is T2 land compared to T1 land, T1 spam is much more viable against T2 than T2 is against T3. It really is that simple. I can't see how it interacts with navy, air or how easy it is to get T3 in comparison to T2, but if you're not just talking for the sake of it and have some evidence or replays please bring them up.

And yes, nerfing T3 would require a T4 nerf too, but I don't see the problem there - T4 needs a nerf to build time for starters anyway.

Balance team will sort it out ;)

Just like they sorted out the Asswasher :)
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby yeager » 28 Aug 2015, 20:40

Why don't we get rid of the side guns completely and put all of the damage on the top canon, the ilshavoh tank already has a great fire rate why does the T3 tank Need one too? Then add a splash on the top cannon and BOOM you have unique, strong t3 tank, you cloud also buff the torpedo launcher, or you could give it a really big speed increase in water, to differentiate it further.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Reaper Zwei » 28 Aug 2015, 21:49

yeager wrote:Why don't we get rid of the side guns completely and put all of the damage on the top canon, the ilshavoh tank already has a great fire rate why does the T3 tank Need one too? Then add a splash on the top cannon and BOOM you have unique, strong t3 tank

That would be way too strong against harbs and would probably be moderately strong against percies and bricks too. If this was done you would have to increase mass cost to that of percies and bricks.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby yeager » 28 Aug 2015, 22:34

It would be fine against the percivals ( you are insane if you think this warrants that much extra mass ) and all you need to do is change the fire rate so it over kills harbingers similar to the Thaam vs mantis ( if it wasn't for fire rate Thaam would own mantis, but they usually tie)
yeager
Evaluator

Postby Korbah » 28 Aug 2015, 23:33

Yeager you need to try my othuum mod. I honestly think it's the Othuum done right.
Korbah

Has liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Korbah

Postby yeager » 29 Aug 2015, 00:42

I have, but I need the list of changes so i know what I'm testing
yeager
Evaluator