Cybran ACU > t2 level+ = useless?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Cybran ACU > t2 level+ = useless?

Postby Zeldafanboy » 03 Sep 2015, 22:27

It the Cybran commander weak in the late game? Yes. But it's certainly not useless, even then, and it's probably second only to double gun Aeon in early game.

Plus, Cybran units are just all around better when you take all the tiers into account-- viable at any stage in the game (unlike Seraphim)

Plus, the low health makes telemasering that much more exciting and skillful to pull off
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Re: Cybran ACU > t2 level+ = useless?

Postby Ceneraii » 04 Sep 2015, 17:08

Well I play Cybran almost exclusively and think the ACU is fine. Stealth is nice once you learn to abuse it and fantastic when underwater. The Cybran ACU shouldn't be out fighting at t3 stage, you can make it work with gun to skirt the sides of a battle against some t3 units, but you're not meant to go head on.

The only thing I find stupid about the Cybran ACU is that the increased regen they have gets relatively smaller if you go up in vet levels compared to other coms. I once did the math and if I remember correctly going up vs uef acu (admittedly the most extreme case) then the time for the regen to catch up if both reach vet 3 is around 8-10 minutes if I remember correctly.
Ceneraii

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: Ceneraii

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion