Cybran ACU > t2 level+ = useless?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Cybran ACU > t2 level+ = useless?

Postby --- » 20 Aug 2015, 12:18

"Take other faction", "deal with it". Yes, really helpful, thanks.
Cybran ACU most of the time seems utterly useless in late game phase. Building pd2 AND gun won't work either ofc. And finally, it doesnt even have ARAS - so it literally sits kinda useless (RAS, sure) in its home shelter waiting for the war to be over xD

Intially, I was mostly interested in the status of cloak. But anyway, I guess I will "deal with it" as is ^_^
---
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby rxnnxs » 20 Aug 2015, 12:36

keyser wrote:Well gun + stealth is a use full combinaison. It s really great for early game.

--> here you have to throw your weapon upgrade away to go to tech2

Cybran t2 bring 3.5k hp whereas the other bring only 3k.
Cybran is known to be weak acu because of life and not being able to have late-mid game upgrade like nano/shield/tml.
Just deal with it ? Cybran already stronk, we need to keep some weakness
rxnnxs
Priest

Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: rxnnxs

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 20 Aug 2015, 12:50

OK, let's break it down.

Blackster wrote:"Take other faction", "deal with it". Yes, really helpful, thanks.

Stealth (1/3 mass and 1/20 energy cost of shield upgrade on UEF or Aeon) and gun is strong in early game. This is also viable in later stages, provided you use OC and don't venture out into the open or go on a rambo mission. I'm assuming you do make other units to push. You are not playing a game with ACU's only.

Blackster wrote:Cybran ACU most of the time seems utterly useless in late game phase.

Quite the contrary, I would say with telemazer Cybran is the ONLY race where an ACU can finish a (super) late game effectively. In team games telemazer can be rushed at 20 minutes in.

Blackster wrote:Building pd2 AND gun won't work either ofc.

Why? You could build two T2 pd for the mass you saved by going stealth (compared to shield upgrade on UEF / Aeon). also you could use the energy you saved for making more air. Your opponent will probably have to stop air while getting shield.

Blackster wrote:And finally, it doesnt even have ARAS - so it literally sits kinda useless (RAS, sure) in its home shelter waiting for the war to be over xD

UEF also doesn't have ARAS.

Blackster wrote:Intially, I was mostly interested in the status of cloak.

Cloak is underused, probably because omni cover (spy planes) counter it so easy.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby --- » 20 Aug 2015, 13:36

I was referring to t2+ level. Early gun + stealth is nice (untill scout hover over your head).
No decent player ignores possible mazer and does not put up sufficient pds to secure crucial buildings and ACU. Personally: Sera advanced nano over Cybran mazer ACU any time. Why? Because it also makes it a lot harder to snipe the ACU with that HP. Cybran ACU is made of paper and thus he is easy to snipe (considering weak shields as well; if cloak was more usueful, things may be different).
Yes, UEF has no ARAS either. But they have shield ACU and SACUs with RAS. Cybrans don't.
It all would be ok if cloak was more viable - ACU as a high risk/high reward unit. Atm, imo, Cybran ACU t3 level usually is high risk only :D Maybe I play it wrong, but there is no other ACU where I feel obliged to babysit him as much as with the Cybran one (while hardly ever even considering doing anything with it).
---
Priest

Postby Deering » 20 Aug 2015, 13:57

Blackster wrote:Yes, UEF has no ARAS either. But they have shield ACU and SACUs with RAS. Cybrans don't.

Firstly
Cybran T3 Support Armored Command Unit
RCH Resource Allocation System (mass: 4500 (10), energy: 60000 (1000), buildtime: 8400)

Its just faction diversity. Why doesn't sera have T3 gunship. etc etc.
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby --- » 20 Aug 2015, 14:05

Oha! So I missed that SACUs RAS upgragde - good to know, thanks!
Some consider mostly useless core units part of diversity it seems. Ok, ok, I will deal with it :D

### THREAD CAN BE CLOSED ###

EDIT:
To answer that question: Sera t3 level bad (e.g. no gunships) because so stronk at t2 level :ugeek: Or so i am constantly being told (in general, wouldn't that mean Sera would win most games over time vs strong t3 / weak t2 level factions [UEF?] - would that be balanced?)
Different topic :p All good, all dandy.
---
Priest

Postby KD7BCH » 20 Aug 2015, 14:57

If you play team game you can get Sera Shields and Chicken combined with Monkey is pretty interesting march into a base. Few things trump the SACU RAS but yeah the lack ACU RAS does suck along with shitty shields and you are right. ACUs in general in FA are huge single points of failure but that is by design, Cybran in particular with their fast gun mounted on the same mount as T2 makes them a crappy "forward" the Mazor is rightly stated as a exceedingly difficult to employ without a deathwish -perhaps a contributing factor to why my rating is so low. I enjoy dying by my own hand kill some other nub.
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby ZeRen » 20 Aug 2015, 15:09

Iszh wrote:If you dont like cybran acu play seraphim or uef.

congrats to your cleverness,

it is like balancing by this way:
UEF T3 navy is OP, you dont like it? go play UEF!
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby ZeRen » 20 Aug 2015, 15:24

Quite the contrary, I would say with telemazer Cybran is the ONLY race where an ACU can finish a (super) late game effectively. In team games telemazer can be rushed at 20 minutes in.

telemazer is nice, but only thing you need to do is build few T1 PD...no more telemazer or dead Cybran

Why? You could build two T2 pd for the mass you saved by going stealth (compared to shield upgrade on UEF / Aeon). also you could use the energy you saved for making more air. Your opponent will probably have to stop air while getting shield.

yea those two T2 PD really help against more then 30 000 HP com :lol:
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 20 Aug 2015, 15:47

ZeRen wrote:telemazer is nice, but only thing you need to do is build few T1 PD...no more telemazer or dead Cybran

That's why you scout and select a target. The comparison is to other ACU's, they have no way of doing something similar.

ZeRen wrote:yea those two T2 PD really help against more then 30 000 HP com :lol:

No one is saying that you should not take other measures or that you should stop using your brain.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion