Killed the Seraph commander ?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Killed the Seraph commander ?

Postby Mechsangoku » 27 Jul 2015, 20:58

Hi all

Seems the Conseil of Setons whatever killed the Seraph commander.

Here is what happend on ACU TML:

Missle hitpoints: 3 hp → 2 hp
Flying height: now similar to normal TML
Mass cost: 1000 → 1500
Minimal range: 5 → 15
Muzzle velocity to 7

Only for Seraphim:
Area of effect: 3 → 2
The flying arc at close range will now be similar to the UEF ACU TML

So basicly the Seraph ACU TML is worse the the EUF (velocity 7 vs 10)
No AOE, no lob over Aeon TMDs, 2 HP and more expensive ? Are you kidding me ?

I mean why the hate ?
LCH Refracting Chronotron Amplifier is already usless why making another upgrade that way ?

Missle hitpoints: 3 hp → 2 hp
1 well placed TMD was more then enought to stop a 3HP missile...Now if u're a noob and placing TMDs right next to your mexes that's a different story

Mass cost: 1000 → 1500
Ok why not...

Minimal range: 5 → 15
That gives plenty of noobs commanders to evade tml hits from close combat. Ok why not.
It's kinda running with your com to a ML to OC it, your chances of survival is kinda low, but why do it anywyas ?

Area of effect: 3 → 2
Why ? ? It was the Seraph advantage over the EUF one (as EUF has speed)

I agree on saying this can be OP, depending on the map and the (moron) opponent.
But what about t1 bomber hoovering (yes any noob can do it), labs micro killing T1 units (even if you micro it), any surface to water AOE hit (frigates groundfiring com underwater for example....), mercies, Cybran MML, assisting shields,...
Mechsangoku
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: mechsangoku

Re: Killed the Seraph commander ?

Postby Ionic » 27 Jul 2015, 21:15

THANK GOD THEY DID SOMETHING! THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby Vee » 27 Jul 2015, 22:38

Normal TML:

• 1 missile every 30 seconds
  • 1500 hp
  • Not mobile

ACU TML:

• 1 missile every 7 seconds
  • 14500 hp
  • Mobile

I know it's not fun if your favorite autowin button gets taken away, but lets not kid ourselves here: this upgrade was utterly OP, and now it's merely very strong.
Vee
Evaluator

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Vee

Postby keyser » 28 Jul 2015, 00:34

let's keep in mind that those change aren't the final change. (i don't know why they show that link to people yet tbh)

we gonna balance this around.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby AflacBP » 28 Jul 2015, 04:30

The dream is over. I may have had a part in creating the hate of the sera acu. All lives matter! Sera-Power!
AflacBP

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: FwippaPaws

Postby yeager » 28 Jul 2015, 06:05

I just think it's kinda stoning faction diversity, I always thought makin the seraphim a middle ground between the 2 uef upgrades (both in cost and in power) would be nice, I'm not asking for a mini nuke 15 min into a game , but ya'll are acting like the seraphim aren't allowed to be better at anything.
Maybe give it its power back, but longer build time and cost, it would be especially interesting if it had a really long build time, along with ineffective assists, so you could only do it if you could protect your com for extended periods of time.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 28 Jul 2015, 06:11

When your "slightly better" means "literally flies over TMD to kill stuff anyway, has extra AOE for literally no reason, can shotgun an ACU standing right next to you for 6k damage, and is so utterly OP that everyone assumes that any seraphim commander in any team game will always go tac pac" then I think there is a problem.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby yeager » 28 Jul 2015, 06:16

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:When your "slightly better" means "literally flies over TMD to kill stuff anyway, has extra AOE for literally no reason, can shotgun an ACU standing right next to you for 6k damage, and is so utterly OP that everyone assumes that any seraphim commander in any team game will always go tac pac" then I think there is a problem.

I don't think people are arguing this needed a nerf, just that this might be alittle harsh, also everyone assumes aeon will go t3 air, that any cybran com forced into a game of an hour or more will try telemazer, and that uef will spam shield boats till the cows come home, if we're buffing and nerfing based entirely off a strategy's commonness we are going to have a lot of problems
yeager
Evaluator

Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Tremarl » 28 Jul 2015, 10:08

I agree with OP the nerfs were overboard.

Also on the comments about oh no its a mobile TML so stronk... Well lets see, normal tml can be reclaimed when enemy have TMD and it becomes useless, Com TML after TMD are up becomes useless. The energy cost is starkly different for a TML cOM as to a normal TML.

TML Coms don't have the same advantage as normal TMl's in that you can't stock up the Com's TML then spam them before enemy hass seen ur TML ( no sneak attacks to destroy all eco, only maybe 3 t2 mex dead before ur Com is now with a useless upgrade)

Yeh.....
Tremarl
Spammer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Tremarl

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 28 Jul 2015, 11:52

Tremarl wrote:only maybe 3 t2 mex dead before ur Com is now with a useless upgrade)

You were doing it wrong.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Next

Return to Balance Discussion