Killed the Seraph commander ?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Killed the Seraph commander ?

Postby yeager » 28 Jul 2015, 21:34

theeggroll wrote:Sera already sucked so no changed for me :D

I think once othuums get balanced sera will be playable again but otherwise i dont think removal of acu tml is the overall reason to stop playing sera if you already were.

There isn't anything to do as sera, you go t2, spam ilshavohs, then hope you somehow survive the rest of the game
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Mechsangoku » 28 Jul 2015, 21:35

Othuum buff ?
LOL
Still useless compared to other T3 because of range

Sera Tml com was OP, true, but not because of power, or speed, or range, or cost. But moslty because of AOE.

EUF Com TML was the perfect combination, as it was very hard to kil a com with it batteling. It would only require small amount of micro to evade it.

But killing the upgrade completly ?
By all means normal TML is better now, way faster to built if you rush it
Mechsangoku
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: mechsangoku

Postby yeager » 28 Jul 2015, 21:38

Well that an cause you can instantly throw down a shield and t2 pd, while with com upgrade you need to wait.
yeager
Evaluator

Postby keyser » 28 Jul 2015, 22:44

these change aren't final, we need a lot of testing before.

moreover, sera are having 2 buff at T3 stage (speed buff for othuums, and accurancy for sniper). I repeat, tomorow there can be total different change to them.

since they decided to show pre-patch log, you should be doing testing, and post replay. Then point out what nerf on the sera tml as exemple should be remove.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Misaniovent » 29 Jul 2015, 16:29

Aulex wrote:
yeager wrote:
KD7BCH wrote:If the balance patch goes though it only gets worse as the SERA EXP Bomber than Can't hit anything will be firing even slower and need more kills to get the VET it needs to live more than 30 seconds.

Back to Cybran for me.

Same, not to mention the ilshavohs nerf no one asked for

Othuum buff

Serious question, as I am not that skilled, especially compared to you. The Othuum was buffed by changing its speed from 2.5 to 2.6. To someone like me, that sounds meaningless. What's the actual functional impact?
Misaniovent
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Misaniovent

Postby yeager » 29 Jul 2015, 18:20

KD7BCH wrote:If the balance patch goes though it only gets worse

Serious question, as I am not that skilled, especially compared to you. The Othuum was buffed by changing its speed from 2.5 to 2.6. To someone like me, that sounds meaningless. What's the actual functional impact?
[/quote][/quote]
it's near meaningless, but reaching the target faster does technically increase its real world dps
yeager
Evaluator

Postby keyser » 29 Jul 2015, 19:27

othuums at 2.7 speed was found to be near OP. We are trying to get the good balance. 2.6 isn't maybe the final solution. we should maybe consider other buff (switch the damage on the 2 weapon, or change target priorities.....)
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby yeager » 29 Jul 2015, 20:11

keyser wrote:

othuums at 2.7 speed was found to be near OP. We are trying to get the good balance. 2.6 isn't maybe the final solution. we should maybe consider other buff (switch the damage on the 2 weapon, or change target priorities.....)

I am begging you guys, increase the height before you try anything else, an othuum with the correct height and 2.6 speed will work fine, ou might have to do alittle more, but that should do the trick
yeager
Evaluator

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 01 Aug 2015, 22:47

I actually kind of agree with Yeager about this whole thing...... We could all agree on three things. Seraphim t3 is underpowered, Seraphim ACU tac is WAY OVERPOWERED, and (at one time) t3 sub was too strong by a little bit.

Now, the t3 sub has been nerfed so hard it can't win vs any other faction if those people have half a brain and a decent APM. The hover tanks made up for it, but now all the tanks are nerfed (this is a good thing!)

The seraphim tac has been fixed acceptably (yay!)

The t3 got the minor buff it needed.

And now for some reason the t2 is also nerfed? This has pretty much removed any reason whatsoever to play the faction.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby yeager » 02 Aug 2015, 02:01

I knew there was a reason I subscribed to you :D
yeager
Evaluator