T2 artillery discussion

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: T2 artillery discussion

Postby yeager » 09 Jul 2015, 15:08

Yeah, we would have to increase both, since cybran already have a great rest of fire and aeon are already pretty accurate
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby KD7BCH » 09 Jul 2015, 15:45

The original purpose for arty was to break shields in the turtle game in Sup Com. With how air plays today in FA there is no need for T2 arty to act in that capacity like that.

A line of massed Artillery acts as a pretty good area denial against T3 units but I think it should remain a poor option for offense and primarily defensive in nature.
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby ZLO_RD » 09 Jul 2015, 15:49

I thought arty was cost efficient against fatty even before it was buffed to 25% lower cost.
But ofc if fatty arrives before you have enought arty and shields you may just die, or fatty can make some shots and retreat before loosing HP, and then use mobility advantage...

T2 arty is kina funny unit for me, i really like to use it... And it may act as stationary counter to t3 mobile arty.
I would also add that effectiveness of t2 arty decreses with increasing skill of players.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby yeager » 09 Jul 2015, 17:05

Aye, but it provokes turtleing more than it counteres it, build 5 and suddenly no one can be a fire base even close to yours
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 09 Jul 2015, 18:38

I have better (more accurate and slithli cheaper ) t2 art for one mounth. And im warning you: better t2 art on t2 will lead on PD turtlle gameplay that is boring. I know what im talking about, i was trying it on 20+ game and in most of it was with cancerous arty creap. Dont do that because would must fix it in fueture.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Ionic » 09 Jul 2015, 19:04

I use T2 artl as a counter to MML or UEF T3 PD creep and Fatboy.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby KD7BCH » 09 Jul 2015, 22:01

ZLO_RD wrote:I thought arty was cost efficient against fatty even before it was buffed to 25% lower cost.
But ofc if fatty arrives before you have enought arty and shields you may just die, or fatty can make some shots and retreat before loosing HP, and then use mobility advantage...

T2 arty is kina funny unit for me, i really like to use it... And it may act as stationary counter to t3 mobile arty.
I would also add that effectiveness of t2 arty decreses with increasing skill of players.

Pretty good offense but if a Fattys gets in before you can get up T2 arty you need air to counter it and Air is pretty effective by the time you can get a Fatty up.
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby ZLO_RD » 09 Jul 2015, 22:22

KD7BCH wrote:
ZLO_RD wrote:I thought arty was cost efficient against fatty even before it was buffed to 25% lower cost.

Pretty good offense but if a Fattys gets in before you can get up T2 arty you need air to counter it and Air is pretty effective by the time you can get a Fatty up.

Shielded firebase that takes ages to construct is hardly an offence, it can deny alot of area, but very often it does not really worth it because opponent can get eco advantage in meantime...

It is only an offence when done on small 10km ortime in order to counter mml or t3 mobile arty...

I had that kind of games in cyb vs cyb couple of times, because if you get to t3 arty stage t2 arty can help cause of superior accuracy

Edit: it does only counter t2 maybe t3, fatty, but not exp.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Ionic » 09 Jul 2015, 22:48

1 quantity T2 artl is sometimes enough to counter MML spam. In a Firebase vs Firebase war when you don't have cybran MML, T3 land, or T3 PD.

Same thing for fatboy, sure if you have strats you can donate mass to the other team with dead strats. Or you can get 8 T2 artl up and kill the fatboy AND deny the Fatboy reclaim on top of it.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion