Re: TML -> Disscuss

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Postby Ionic » 09 Jul 2015, 19:09

Before I realized how OP tac pac was I was rushing it on 4v4 maps, and killing 6-10 T2 mexes...

I stopped rushing tac launchers, because it ruined the fun of the game for both sides.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby yeager » 09 Jul 2015, 22:50

its pretty rare to see an au on the front lines 15 min in, maybe in certain scenarios but usually there is too much t2 for that, but back to the tml, a mobile tac is an advantage, but not if it can't die, requires you not get any other upgrades on your back, and you can only build 1 at a time, so you can't snipe acus with tac pac, you can shot gun them, or kill them if they don't move, but in reallity its pretty rare to snipe another acu with tac pack all things considered it would be nice if the tmd buff i suggested was implemented (where a tac can survive 1 tmd, but not if it flies right next to it/ at it/ over it, while acu tml, is the same, flying threw 2 tmd if it goes along the side, but not if it goes over/ at the tmd. This way its not too easy to completely deny an area, BUT you can protect your t2 mexes and things of importance.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby keyser » 10 Jul 2015, 12:47

yeager did you play any canis ? because there is a good proportion of having a guy going tac pack on this map, and killing one or several player with it.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Iszh » 10 Jul 2015, 13:14

Isnt that normal that acu tml especially in teamgames can be rushed and can be deadly for the whole team. Just lately seen on the superior 2k+ seton game. One of the 2 games those people played was basically finished in minute 10-15 when one middle player got acu tml and killed 2 enemy players mass with it. The game lasted still 20 minutes more but was already decided on long term. 2k+ people should know how a tmd looks like, so i think the problem was not exactly the tmd :lol:
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby yeager » 10 Jul 2015, 15:05

Oh don't get me wrong, tac pack on canis is OP, but:
A. Game is balanced for 1v1
B. You put the economy for a 10-15 min tac rush in reclaim on a map, and make it small enough rang isn't a problem and wonder what is going to happen :)
C. This is the oldest and cheapest trick in the book, like I said, it's OP here, but come on! If you get beaten five time by it mayor it's cause you failed to rush tmd five times, it's hard to counter but not impossible
yeager
Evaluator

Postby JaggedAppliance » 10 Jul 2015, 15:37

No, it's OP and the game is not balanced for 1v1, where'd you hear that?
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby ZLO_RD » 10 Jul 2015, 16:00

JaggedAppliance wrote:No, it's OP and the game is not balanced for 1v1, where'd you hear that?

I don't really see that ACU tml is OP in 1v1
And i personally don't want game to be balanced around Gap or wonder where you have 8-12 player bases and TML in mid of map can reach all of them...

If you want to play your gap games for fun, just restrict acu TML and Cybran TML, maybe even any tml? Since i am pretty sure that it is really hard to protect agains multiple TML launchers...
On seton you at least need to drop that com or push forvard on land to TML Rock
On canis at least you can make TMD for ally easyer

Maybe i said it in little anger, but it really just depends on map...
On some maps some unit become OP, that is pretty common.
But gap and wonder in my eyes looks to be most hated maps of all...
Just make bigger version of them and nuke will suddenly become OP. But that does not mean that it needs to be rebalanced.

1v1 play is competetive play. We have ladder and tournaments... That is what game should be balanced for...
Only reason why team games don't get much imba cause of strong commanders, little faction divercity, strong defence and bad teamplay to overwhelm that defence
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby JaggedAppliance » 10 Jul 2015, 17:31

Zlo, I agree with you. I also think the game should be balanced for 1v1, I play almost exclusively 1v1 but balancing takes into account team games as well, that's all I meant.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Ionic » 10 Jul 2015, 21:02

So every 1v1 game you build 6+ TMD and if you do, you think this is acceptable?

Also, 1v1 play will never make FAF popular. I have never seen a popular 1v1 game ever in fact.

So lets balance the game around what is the most fun, and popular! Remember in a team game 2-8 times the number of people are enjoying the game.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Postby yeager » 11 Jul 2015, 16:17

1v1 is the most logical to balance by, also it is done that way for sake of the tornaments, which are the most important thing to balance
yeager
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion