Re: TML -> Disscuss

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Postby Ionic » 05 Jul 2015, 19:21

1 TMD > 1 TML (ACU or Static). Start there...

Next Reduce ACU TML AoE. Test for a few months, then move on.
Ionic

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Ionic

Re: Re: TML -> Disscuss

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 05 Jul 2015, 21:43

-acu tml aoe is not a problem, problem is minimal range that is 5. When minimal range would be bigger, let say 15 then doesnt matther that it have 3aoe.

-every tml is suppost to have 3aoe, otherwise will not in every situation destroy mex with storages. And would it be luck based. When its aoe 2 as is, then destroying storages near mex is depend on movment of mass extractor tower = pure luck base. What is bad for game, because none can manage if destroy only mex or mex with storages.

- tmd > tml full agree. On acu tml reduce hp for same as static tml -> problem fixed, on cybran static -> reduce speed of "baby" missile after split on 5 (from 25) then will one from 3 still hit tmd, that alive with +-180hp = big advantage for cybran, but not so stupid OP.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Zock » 05 Jul 2015, 21:52

reduce speed of "baby" missile after split on 5 (from 25) then will one from 3 still hit tmd, that alive with +-180hp = big advantage for cybran, but not so stupid OP.

Did you test this? TML has 2 second reload time, so you would probably have to make the small missile REALLY slow if you want a TMD to kill one more than now before they impact.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Exotic_Retard » 05 Jul 2015, 22:01

unless im mistaken its working in his mod atm, so yeah its been tested (:
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Zock » 05 Jul 2015, 22:06

Ah, found it now, i was searching the changelog but couldn't find it the first time because its listed under TMD and not TML..

Does this also work if the TMD is facing in the opposite direction from where the missile comes, and has to turn before it can shoot? It will require extra time. (edit: yes it does)

And speed 5 is not really fast for a missile..doesn't it look silly? We had the same idea but went for alternatives because 5 seemed too low.

Also all cybran missiles will get killed if the target is behind the TMD, negating the cybran advantage of the TML in this case.(which should be the normal case as you build TMD in front of your buildings)
gg no re

Zock
Supreme Commander

Postby IceDreamer » 05 Jul 2015, 23:07

my proposal for the Cybran splits VS TMD is to have the splits lose homing after a short time. That way, they will home to the right direction, but will not be pinpoint accurate. If you add some randomness, you end up with a state where, on splitting, you have 3 minimissiles coming in, but they will never ALL hit the intended target if that target is a single-square unit, such as TMD. Instead, one, MAYBE two could hit it, the rest missing or damaging other things.

Effect VS Shields - Unchanged
Ability to bombard TMD defended bases better than any other missile - Check
Cancerous stupidity where TML > TMD - Gone
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Zock » 05 Jul 2015, 23:52

Nice idea! But it would still nerf it significantly, currently 2 small missiles go through per TMD, dealing significant damage and require 2 TMDs per cybran TML to really counter it, which is probably based on the cybran weaknesses in shield and PD. With this change, only 0-1 baby missiles will hit small buildings (mex!), and 1-2 hit bigger ones, that a protected by a single TMD.
gg no re

Zock
Supreme Commander

Postby Tokyto » 06 Jul 2015, 01:02

Well reducing the number of split missiles wouldn't fix the issue?
Tokyto
Evaluator

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 302 times
FAF User Name: Tokyto_

Postby yeager » 06 Jul 2015, 01:03

Acu tml needs to be better, otherwise everyone will just get t2 and build regular tml, especially for seraphim, I mean, it's fine if uef tml is more of a anti-billy rush (it would still be useful for rushing an giving you a mobile tml but not something particularly feered), but sera needs to be uesfull, let's not over nerf AGAIN.
I like most of these cybran missle ideas, I like the idea that the cybran missiles go everywhere, making them excelant against shields and insuring mild damage to the tmd and near by structures, making it awesome but not OP.
Also cybrans need a t3 shield, perhaps E4, since it's the best after e2?
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 06 Jul 2015, 02:59

Zock wrote:Did you test this? TML has 2 second reload time, so you would probably have to make the small missile REALLY slow if you want a TMD to kill one more than now before they impact.

Yes i test it, everything that i make i test before i realse it.

Its loock normal i guess.. check it if you want, but i dont see much differences. Also when you note that normal tml missile is 2,5x slower as "baby" missile, so when it have speed 5 it is half speed as normal missile. So its even less extreme and perfectli solve issue.

About building behind tmd when are close tmd then still one split misile hit that building. When are further then not, but still it is big advantage,

When is TMD facing tml from other direction, then it is about luck if rotate in time or not.. but when someone is firing tml from different direction then it doesnt matter, against 2tml it also lose as against every otehr tml, so i dont think that this is a cause..
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Next

Return to Balance Discussion