"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Re: Cybran TML and MML is ridiculously OP

Postby Exotic_Retard » 05 Jul 2015, 19:56

would be good if you helped him out by being more specific, explaining how and why and maybe even show it in replays, but honestly i didn't expect anything different.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby KD7BCH » 10 Jul 2015, 20:24

theeggroll wrote:
KD7BCH wrote:They are effective because Cybran need to win in T2 or they are disadvantage.

Lol what. cyb has coolest experimental + t3.5 and super shit t2 tank. What

Care to share what Exp? You mean Monkeylord? :mrgreen: Countered by T1 gunships, or T2 gunships, or T3 gunships, or T2 FBs, T3 Strats, UEF heavy T3 PD. Its Cool and its great to watch and effective but against GC longer range, loses, against Chicken Loses, against more than 4 SCUs I think It looses.

T2 Tank yes, I read they are going to try to raise the lasers on it, hopefully that will make it stop shooting dirt, in any event DPS on that sucker is halfways decent but T2 is where Cybran really own the most advantages. Allow me to count the ways.

If they T1 spammed in the T2 era they also have a T2 gunships with splash damage and they are pretty effective. They also have the best FB by a pretty good margin, it's forward shooting rockets can assassinate an ACU on the first pass without even flying over the target and into the Weapons Engagement Zone of the enemy AAA. They are more durable than mercys so they can't be stopped by AAA or T1 AAA before firing, interceptors will get some of them but not all of them before getting a pass at a target. They have Stealth, the ability to tranny up a stealth unit, and the firebeetle and do a spec ops type insert on an enemy close to the ACU and it only takes a very few of them to run right at the ACU and cause a massively disproportionate amount of damage to resources expended. Against fixed shielded targets they have the MMLs which they can build in large numbers and mixed with their 2nd tanks which have pretty good DPS, the ones that actually shoot without hitting dirt, they can put a lot of firepower on a target at a good stand off range. Engineering stations mean they can more rapidly transition into Tier 3 and they have the best build power advantage in late T2. Cybran TMD is the best in the game, and their TMLs are also excellent. The Mavor is probably the ultimate game ender with it's damage and rate of fire but without another races' shields it can be impossible to keep it alive. It is also expensive so in T3 Cybrans no longer have as much of an advantage. With shields being what they are and no T3 PD and T2 PD being pretty weak unless you build arrays of them Cybran will face incursions into their territory and be unable to stop most concerted attacks without taking losses. Even using Bricks or SABs won't stop long range heavy duty attacks like the Fatty or Chicken. The Monkeylord while an adequate defensive EXP is meant to fucking crush shit and pew pew that lazor straight into the heart of the enemy ACU not hope it can catch a GC at the right angle or that the Chicken will also be hit by a few Strats and wiped out before it wipes the Monkey.

Their shields suck, probably the most glaring weakness I feel as a long time Cybran player but T2 is where this impact is the smallest. In T3 they will never have cost effective shielding in the current game build and against heavy artillery they buckle badly. Even reinforced with engineering stations it is probably impossible to count on them. The Beetle as an EXP sort of sucks. It is paper thin vulnerable to both SAMs and AAA, It can't run away from even T1 interceptors and against ASFS it is just a mass gift to a shielded opponent you end up making it essentially useless in T3, and if you choose to build it in T2 it does alright and moves faster than the monkeylord. In T3 their ASFS are more difficult to micro because they shoot target seeking missiles instead of highly accurate lead angle projectiles, Their gunships need constant air support. Their SCUs are meh.

The Most Redeeming part of being Cybran late game is the gambling Tele-Mazor. You strap on the local teleporter and aim your Mazor and Boom if you get the scouting and find the right opponent you are in and out in 30 seconds 15 of which are "Oh f***" for the other guy if he even has time to understand what is causing damage to his ACU.

I think Sera are much stronger in T4, I think Aeon are Stronger in T1 and I think UEF in T3 have so many options.
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby yeager » 11 Jul 2015, 21:24

Hmmm....
Sera have the best t4 in theory, but it has a lot of issues and little diversity (can shoot to the sides, lacks torps, death ball makes it not usable as defender) as for are the beetle is awesome, all exp air units are vulnerable to asf.
As for t1 if it wasn't for aeon yours would be the best, you can easily run away as regroup, hunt acus, run around army's and attack Eco etc.
At t2 cybrans are decent, good all around but let's face it, sera steam roles t2 land in most cases
Honestly cybrans are one of the best factions, second best t1, best t2 overall, 2nd best t3
As for air: best t1ish best t2 (kinda ties with aeon tho) best early t3
And navy, well: best t1,best t2, 2nd best t3
Also right now your subhunter is VERY OP, being cos effective against almost everything except uef torp boat and torp bombers. I mean this thing is cost affective agains sera t3 sub, which is stupid (that's what your HARMS are for) shields are tuff, but when does a cybran player ever take defense? And your mmls MORE than make up for it. Also you are the only faction with 2 land exps, ad the crab is easily the best real world exp
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby KD7BCH » 13 Jul 2015, 18:48

yeager wrote:Hmmm....
Sera have the best t4 in theory, but it has a lot of issues and little diversity (can shoot to the sides, lacks torps, death ball makes it not usable as defender) as for are the beetle is awesome, all exp air units are vulnerable to asf.
As for t1 if it wasn't for aeon yours would be the best, you can easily run away as regroup, hunt acus, run around army's and attack Eco etc.
At t2 cybrans are decent, good all around but let's face it, sera steam roles t2 land in most cases
Honestly cybrans are one of the best factions, second best t1, best t2 overall, 2nd best t3
As for air: best t1ish best t2 (kinda ties with aeon tho) best early t3
And navy, well: best t1,best t2, 2nd best t3
Also right now your subhunter is VERY OP, being cos effective against almost everything except uef torp boat and torp bombers. I mean this thing is cost affective agains sera t3 sub, which is stupid (that's what your HARMS are for) shields are tuff, but when does a cybran player ever take defense? And your mmls MORE than make up for it. Also you are the only faction with 2 land exps, ad the crab is easily the best real world exp

I've actually moved from Cybran to Seraphim because their shields are absolutely pathetic and I like the Seraphim Chicken. Cybran fighterbombers have no chance against ASFs after about 15 minutes they simply can't be used unless you are going to commit to build 40 of them in which case you may as well go T3 anyway.

While the Chicken can take down other EXPS directly it doesn't have the HP to endure deep penetrations and a follow on army is wiped out if it gets taken down because of the big electrical storm after it blows up. Seraphim have T2 ground is nothing that can't be countered however. By the time you have enough Sera T2 to overwhelm the front defenses on GAP you'll be facing a monkey ready for it, or enough fighter bombers to wipe it out before it causes serious damage. Maybe on Setons with a 4tranny drop loaded with T2 Assault Bots, If the air player is slow getting ASFs but really who won't scramble interceptors and take that 4 tranny drop to a 1 tranny drop?

I miss engineering stations because they kick ass and I miss TELEMAZOR, as it is more effective than T3 Strats in some situations at ending a turtle.
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion