T2pd

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

T2pd

Postby yeager » 01 Jul 2015, 22:23

This has been bugging me for quite a bit, I (playing as cybran or seraphim) get into a turtle war with another player(playing as uef or aeon) I think I'm in the safe when the other player uses ground fire on his pd to effectively outrange mine,then I get force out of my position or killed or something like that. This is sooooo annoying, and i don't think this counts as a "strategy" rather a cheap exploit, would it be possible to maybe not allow pd to ground fire? They only ever use it for this and maby against submarines on a rare occasion. Also while we are on the subject would it be logical to increase the hieght of seraphim/cybran pd? So they don't fail as often vs terrain? Thx in advance
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Re: T2pd

Postby Tokyto » 01 Jul 2015, 23:15

Better fix would be to increase range on Cybran T2 PD ... lets say by 10, to get a chance to pay back for all the inequalities that happened to poor Cybran nation :(

seriously tho, i dont think theres any good fix for this :(
Tokyto
Evaluator

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 302 times
FAF User Name: Tokyto_

Postby zeroAPM » 02 Jul 2015, 00:23

Tokyto wrote:Better fix would be to increase range on Cybran T2 PD ... lets say by 10, to get a chance to pay back for all the inequalities that happened to poor Cybran nation :(

You have the best t1, the best tml, the best tmd, a com that doesn't become a liability in the t3 stage, stealth t3 air, stealth transport, fire beetles, HARMS, cheap exp that can be rushed easily, T3 bot that is fast, has a good fire cycle, can stun and redirect TML and SACU that have:
more starting HP for less mass
EMP that can shut down infinity T3 units
400 regeneration
options for stealth
rapid fabricators to shit out structures at crazy pace

And you want more?
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Tokyto » 02 Jul 2015, 00:31

zeroAPM wrote:
Tokyto wrote:Better fix would be to increase range on Cybran T2 PD ... lets say by 10, to get a chance to pay back for all the inequalities that happened to poor Cybran nation :(

You have the best t1, the best tml, the best tmd, a com that doesn't become a liability in the t3 stage, stealth t3 air, stealth transport, fire beetles, HARMS, cheap exp that can be rushed easily, T3 bot that is fast, has a good fire cycle, can stun and redirect TML and SACU that have:
more starting HP for less mass
EMP that can shut down infinity T3 units
400 regeneration
options for stealth
rapid fabricators to shit out structures at crazy pace

And you want more?

exactly, also i'd like to implement my beetle balance mod too, a slight buff to beetles
Tokyto
Evaluator

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 302 times
FAF User Name: Tokyto_

Postby IceDreamer » 02 Jul 2015, 00:43

This doesn't need a fix. It's part of a simulated engine being simulated. Don't like it? Go play Starcraft instead of trying to punish people for using their noggins and some extra APM.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby The Mak » 02 Jul 2015, 00:53

Oh yes those inequalities for poor Cybran: excellent mobile T1 units, T2 PD you cannot dodge, best TML and TMD, and best MML.

To the OP, you should not fight a PD creep with Cybran PD, it is not their real strength. If you are facing T2 PD creep, MML sprinkled with Deceiver. You can use the Cybran T2 PD to fight against the inevitable land assault they will need to do against your MML's

T2 PD mass cost: 480 (Cybran), 528 (Aeon & Seraphim), 528 (UEF)
T2 TMD mass cost: 280 (All factions)
T2 Shield mass cost: 480 (Aeon), 700 (Seraphim), 600 (UEF)

Cybran Viper, T2 MML mass cost: 200
Cybran Deceiver, T2 Mobile Stealth Field mass cost: 80

You may lose ground at first to the PD creep, but once you have a sufficient number of Vipers (5 to 10) it all falls apart for them. They will need to setup static defenses to fend off the constant barrage which diverts build power and resources away from PD's. They will need to do a push, and thanks to the Deceivers your forces defending the Vipers can start hitting them till they get visual on you.
The Mak
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: The_Mak

Postby theeggroll » 02 Jul 2015, 01:17

dude if you are getting into a turtle war, cybran are the best. Vipers are so insanely good, just spam a shit ton of vipers and you will break any non-ravenger turtle. put your mass into those instead of t2pd and boom you win
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby yeager » 02 Jul 2015, 02:51

So if ever I get in a turtle war I have to go back to base, build a t2 factory, build five mml, send them to the now destroyed front line and continue? All while my enemy is wreaking my outer mass points, firebases (if I have any) etc because his pd has a blast radius... And sera mml isn't even that good... Not only that but he can easily counter mml with even t1 tanks, so I have to build other units to defend them too.. All this work and the only thing my enemy had to do to make me do it was micro 1 pd.... Come on now...
Also ice dreamer: that's like saying the fact that 1 exp bomber can kill 100 asf and that's fair? Or In the original game where asfs that went after czars flew under the beam all got killed is fair to you? I'm all for realism, but there is a line dont you think? I mean sure some factions are always better than others for any task, but this is a little too much, I can be the first to t2, have a better Eco, and have multiple t2pd up and he can still win? And he can defeat an infinit amount of my t2 pd with only one of his? This is not a part of the game, this is really more of a cheap exploit
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Iszh » 02 Jul 2015, 09:01

Reading this i also first thought about the t2 mml ROFL my 5 uef mml can be stopped by 2 cybran tmd and to stop 5 cybran mml i need 10 tmd. Sure buff the t2 pds of cybran that they can even better turtle than uef sounds reasonable. :mrgreen: hahahahahahaa
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby ZLO_RD » 02 Jul 2015, 09:24

Reclaim your pd and rebuild it at the back (don't let him kill wreck) (cyb pd is cheaper anyway) hopefully you did't had your tmd and shield and TML and everything that can be at fire base already built there :D, if yes, reclaim stuff...
Try to build pds that way so enemy can't kill to many of them with his one pd
That will buy you time to get mmls...
This range advantage of uef/aeon pd often takes quite a long time to kill enemy firebase

If you see this situatio may happen, just try to not invest into pds to much, cybran pds are not very effective any way... May try to make hoplites, and vipers and medusas with stealth, so you can reach more stuff (mainly with hoplites) even if it is close to enemy pd, even a couple of vipers most likely will able to stop opponent from moveing forvard with pd creep.
I agree that some times there are almost no way to deal with this (on 4 leaf clover when you are almost contained and little step back would mean that you no longer can sneak units from your base to raid sides)
But this kind of situations are kinda rare...
And yea, i don't really se a way how to fix it...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Next

Return to Balance Discussion