t1 armies -> Lobo

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: t1 armies -> Lobo

Postby Iszh » 30 Jun 2015, 08:06

Well ok Zock told he is against and mozart told me to stop this discussion until a balance patch is beeing planned :)
i think mozart might be right. I am a bit wondering that people estimate uef t1 to be so strong but either it is to boring that no higher level person is regulary playing them or their weakness is hidden very good.

of course i also noticed that uef t1 can be very powerful on small maps. but if the map is open and flat like a lot of maps you will suffer as uef if your enemy is good (1600+ ladder rating) because as i told mantis will run arround you and kill your mexes you cant hunt them. aurora will kite you thats no fun anymore since your tanks are slow. in lower rating range might be right if 2 armies are blind rushing into each other uef will win in most cases with striker. i had some nightmare events vs aurora playing uef. But i am still thinking how those 5 hp can be so imba. Even on small maps you cant do 50% mix arti and tanks. the difference would be just a few shots from enemy acu. Dont you think that a big medusa army is atm even stronger. Sera arti for example does very huge damage on acu, so you have to dance. uef has not this big damage but a bit more life will maybe force you also to dance and thats all?

so maybe the balance was not only my point it was more the list of features which is not really equal. uef t1 has no specials. that was a hidden special those 5 life. maybe there is another way to make it more interesting in a not harmful way. hover, stunn, increased range and built power are very nice toys in units. why not to give uef a harmless toy just to increase fun.

-> an example could be also to improve the lobo scout on bullet. increase the range of sight it grants to same that lobo has itself and increase a bit time.

All this story is about 1 fact, i have uef clan and i am wondering why there are nearly no uef only player in high rank. go to faf search replays 1700 rating and 1v1 and count the factions from people really over 1700 rating. tell me why there is hardly a single uef game and if you meet 1 there it was random player. what is the reason for this? the acu cant be the problem it s propably the best acu in the game except double ras. cybran is played average at least 1 in every game wtf is wrong there? watching the cybran goodie list in t1 units thats crazy what those units can do additional. and just the pure fighting values compared to uef are maybe in mantis a bit weaker than striker but medusa much better vs other units compared to lobo. maybe cybran is the wrong example ...

All i mentioned here thats things which are difficult to proove and/or not counted as serious facts. Since i dont play to much maybe i have a wrong view on the things. So i will be a bit more silent here and watch, most of the people seem to be against the 5 additional life.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby --- » 30 Jun 2015, 08:17

Iszh wrote:Hey i have a suggestion which is very tiny. All t1 armies have some specials like:
[...]
Thaam - None
[...]

:lol:
---
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby keyser » 30 Jun 2015, 20:20

Iszh wrote:Hey i have a suggestion which is very tiny. All t1 armies have some specials like:

Mantis - Speed & Assist (price)
Medusa - Stun & Splash (shit against building/good against T1/T2)
Aurora - Range & Hover (price)
Fervor - Damage & Precision (awsome against building, shit against unit)
Thaam - None
Zthuee - Strong Damage & Hover (price, good against building and unit)
Striker - 30Life
Lobo - health, good against building, decent against unit

i think you should stop pushing the faction that you are playing (uef) so much. You are not objective anymore
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Iszh » 30 Jun 2015, 20:58

Dont be afraid i am objektive i am just from time to time reminding if i see a detail since i only play uef i know them good. In this case i noticed you re right it might be to much and all the other weakness of uef is known like titan (i vote for adding the top rocket launcher back and increase dps in a way like mongoose has it). I am also telling people to reduce power of some units. I fully agree that percival might need a better balance. But there seems to be difficult to find the correct way. Also summit, no question. I told to add 1k e cost for every gun and maybe 500 e cost for other battleships. Omen 300 or even less. I always try to see the things in a way not to op some units.
Thats why i accepted in the end i see that 5 life could be a problem but at least a small toy would be nice and maybe a bit increased vision range of bullet cam would be fun ;)
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion