Balance & explanation

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance & explanation

Postby IceDreamer » 21 Jun 2015, 01:52

Turkey wrote:Wouldn't that make it easier to hit?

It would, but it would definitely be the most effective way to make it combat T1 PD better. I'm still very much not convinced that's the best idea, but... Ehhhhhh... No reason to withhold the ease of doing it.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby keyser » 21 Jun 2015, 13:16

icedreamer :
As you're about to find out, I try to keep things small and not change too much at once, but the number of tiny little things adds up ;)

well as i can see in your topic you makes tons of change like ithiliss is doing. And that's not what i am looking for.

- I don't think Harbinger is an issue. It's really strong when rushed, weaker later one, but overall Aeon mid-late game transition is in a nice place right now.
harbi is obviously completely broken. but buffing sniper bot would help for dealing with T3.5 at later stage of the game.

ithilis : you make too much change. It doesn't even make any sense in the end. That's why i think we should focus on 3-4 change for next balance patch.

We should keep rhino weak against T1 pd.

sure cybran tml, uef navy, cybran frigate aa..... are issue too. But i think they take part of "less importante change" (though cybran tml is completely broken too : can snipe a T2 pgen behind a tmd)
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 21 Jun 2015, 14:37

keyser wrote:ithilis : you make too much change. It doesn't even make any sense in the end. That's why i think we should focus on 3-4 change for next balance patch.

And what with strat bomber that roll enemy base? especialy on cannis early strat with micro destroy 6 mexes on single pass, its ok? And what with Ahawasa hover bombing that outrange sams and in most of case kill every acu on 2 hover drop ? Or with megalith that reclaim for 2000m/s and its build for same time as 3 brick it is ok? Its not something that make sense to change it? When yes then we have 4+3 think to change that are obviously broken and then what with cybran tml that can destroy tmd with single missile? What with Outhuum that is absoluthly uncomporable with other T3? It doesnt need to be change? On end of that you'll end up where I ended up.

How i start was fixing only absolut cancer obviously broken think as acu tml, strat bomber and uef sacu, that mod is called "cancer fix" and.. none play it. Why? how you think this discusion will end? people would say that yes you have right this is suppost to be changed. And also add another think that are suppost to be changed, it would be potential long discusion whiteout ANY change of NOTHING. That is something that i can garange you.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby keyser » 21 Jun 2015, 15:08

ithilis i've difficulties to find a unit that you haven't change in your mod.
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 21 Jun 2015, 15:18

When we are talking about absolut change, then i hope that units doesnt exist, otherwise i would forgot on something and would drain resource in different way as units of same type. (HYDRO! i dont change nothing on hydro:D)

but when we are talking about change that is not cosmetic, and doesnt have 0 (or very close to 0) change on gameplay, then this box is much richer. Absoltuh most of change you dont found if you are not sticlker, as I am.

I was not doing it only for this situation, i was also doing it for all next generation faf players, that would after a longer time found tiny positive(cosmetic) change that are now for most of us not visible.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby zeroAPM » 22 Jun 2015, 01:21

For the Titan:

Add a direct fire rocket launcher (or rip two grenade launchers from a pair of Mongooses and let a TIG welder do the job), give them a greater range than the main weapon (same range as Loyalist or slightly bigger), give them a good burst damage but long reload time, a nice spread and AoE, some custom targeting (it doesn't cause the Titan to track units, it just start it's firing cycle when there is something in front of it) and firing cycle (detect enemy->wait 1-1.5 seconds->fire) and it's good.

Why? Because it would give the Loyalist a weapon that, while possessing a low overall DPS, allows it to swoop in, evaporate any T1 caught in the blast, damage T2 units (the most fragile ones like MML should be reduced around to half health at most and cause a slight dent to T3. Then the main cannons mop up the survivors.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby yeager » 22 Jun 2015, 16:15

HARBINGER: if you make harbin slightly slower, better all around, and more expensive, you can fix your issue, it would be a great unit if it was tweaked here and there so it was worse early game and better late game.
Beetles/Mercy: i think these are fine, they make for funny cast, face palms of all types, and they separate good and bad players.
Rhino(and Othuum) I think changes to there dimensions would be great, rhino could also use a little more speed, and othuum should have more range on the side bolsters (in accordance to the harbinger buff)
experimental bp is fine, megalith reclaim is already op.
sera sacu is generally agreed to be the most micro dependent, i think making it more expensive but still a counter to experimentals would be nice, because leaving a Ythothia next to your line of shields and pd doesn't usually work :P
As for Uef sacu, if you just nerf range it won't be enough, it can kill 8 ilshavohs in about 2-3 seconds with its current aoe, damage combo, you have to nerf those too.
as for cybran, it would be nice if this was geared to be a solo unit, since monkey lords already handle lower techspretty well.
as for shields on trans: interesting, but right now not important enough to take a look at.
edit: Titans could use a buff i guess, but i always thought they were as worse than the cybran counter part because the percival is better than the brick [brick has better fire rate, but once you have enough percival (0r if you mix in titans) than its fine]
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby PsychoBoB » 22 Jun 2015, 16:39

Before this becomes just another (endless and without any result) balance discussion i think it's time to make nails with heads (i don't know if this saying exists in english).

I think it's time, that some real balance discussion (maybe moderated by a councilor) has to be done! A lot of work and planning is done now from Ithilis and other guys to get rid of some obvious and some minor faults of the game. But without a responsible person of the Council this will never end.

Is it possible to get a clear statement or roadmap (with numbers and dates) from our FAF goverment in the near future? ;)
If you fear the dark you have never seen what light can cause!
PsychoBoB
Priest

Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: McNeil

Postby yeager » 22 Jun 2015, 16:47

PsychoBoB wrote:Before this becomes just another (endless and without any result) balance discussion i think it's time to make nails with heads (i don't know if this saying exists in english).

I think it's time, that some real balance discussion (maybe moderated by a councilor) has to be done! A lot of work and planning is done now from Ithilis and other guys to get rid of some obvious and some minor faults of the game. But without a responsible person of the Council this will never end.

Is it possible to get a clear statement or roadmap (with numbers and dates) from our FAF goverment in the near future? ;)

It would be nice if this actually went somewhere..
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby keyser » 23 Jun 2015, 15:17

yeager wrote:Beetles/Mercy: i think these are fine, they make for funny cast, face palms of all types, and they separate good and bad players.

you sir gain the award of the best irony. (i hope it is though)
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion