Help resetting password Topic is solved

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Help resetting password

Postby ITER » 31 Aug 2019, 16:55

For some reason Downloards FAF client forgot my password and I cannot remember it. So When I attempt to reset the password it tells me success, check your email... No email comes through. Tried a dozen times. Can someone help with this please. Thx!
ITER
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ITER

Re: Help resetting password

Postby PhilipJFry » 31 Aug 2019, 17:00

make sure you check the correct mail box and that the mail doesn't end up in your spam folder
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby ITER » 31 Aug 2019, 17:44

No good I'm afraid. I got an email notification when you posted on this thread but im getting nothing when I attempt to reset my pw. Are you able to reset it as an admin or something?
ITER
Crusader

Postby PhilipJFry » 31 Aug 2019, 17:54

an admin could insert a password for you but you could just read your mail as well
for a start you could pm me the address you are looking at when resetting your password so i can check if you actually check the right mail box/ask an admin to check whether or not we have outgoing mails to your address
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Re: Help resetting password  Topic is solved

Postby ITER » 01 Sep 2019, 01:25

Reseting pw based on un or email. I was using my main email. The pw feature was telling me success, email sent for you to verify... that email was not associated with my account so no email was being recieved! When I used my un to reset the email went to an older email so ive managed to reset the pw now. I was confused by the fact I was being told pw reset was a success based on an email that isnt associated wit any account but problem solved anyway. Thanks for helping! Time to setons!
ITER
Crusader

Return to General Questions