Download Question(s) Topic is solved

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Download Question(s)

Postby Lord_James » 05 Nov 2018, 03:05

Hello, new player to FAF, but not SupCom FA here. I have a question regarding the FAF download:

Do I require an online copy, like from steam, or can I play FAF with a hard copy, like the CD? I'm asking as I have the CD for the original game (in all it's buggy goodness :lol: ), but nothing more recent. Would the FAF download even work? Or do I have to buy another version?

Thank you in advance
Lord_James

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: G4RBAG3

Re: Download Question(s)  Topic is solved

Postby Geosearchef » 05 Nov 2018, 10:38

You need to link your account to a steam account that has a copy of FA before you can log into the FAF client and download the game files/play.
You should be able though to activate your CD key using steam (just redeem it as a steam key) to get a free copy of FA on steam.
Developer, Server Admin, ICE, currently working on Team Matchmaking, FAF Client
Geosearchef
Contributor

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 127 times
FAF User Name: Geosearchef

Re: Download Question(s)

Postby Lord_James » 06 Nov 2018, 19:52

Ok, I downloaded the game yesterday, and played a couple matches... now I cant find out how to re-open FAF to play again today... I might have done something wrong, but I don't know what I did. Any solutions would be appreciated, or perhaps a guide on 'how to download FAF' (I couldn't find anything on this forum about downloading procedures).

Thank you, Lord James
Lord_James

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: G4RBAG3

Re: Download Question(s)

Postby PhilipJFry » 06 Nov 2018, 20:29

you can find the download link to both FAF clients (they are written in different languages - they both connect to the same server etc) here

after you have the client installed you start the client, log in with your faf username/password and then click on the play tab in the client and host/join a lobby
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Return to General Questions