Question regarding multiple accounts

Moderator: PhilipJFry

Question regarding multiple accounts

Postby Fomortiis » 10 Aug 2018, 18:46

Hi, I'm a somewhat new player (registered a while ago but started playing only recently). I managed to repair an old laptop and was inquiring what the policy for multiple accounts was in more detail. From what I gathered the only rules I found were "must have SC:FA installed" and "do not use multiple accounts to alter your score".

As long as I un-rank any game I play between multiple accounts (LAN play for instance) am I allowed to have multiples?
And regarding the possession of the original game, can I use FAF by installing the game from the same Steam profile?

Thanks.
Fomortiis
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Fomortiis

Re: Question regarding multiple accounts

Postby Louvegarde » 10 Aug 2018, 19:07

You don't need to create multiple accounts if you have multiple desktops, one account will work. If you need to play LAN, you don't need to connect FAF at all and can use the EXE directly (C:\ProgramData\FAForever) to play LAN with the latest patches (that's what I do).

Steam link isn't mandatory to create new FAF accounts, so you don't need to buy one copy of FAF per account. Even though you're not textually disallowed from creating a second account, we will watch closely for any abuse and will most probably ban without warnings if we find some.
Cryogenic slumber party!
Louvegarde
Priest

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 103 times
FAF User Name: Louvegarde

Postby Fomortiis » 10 Aug 2018, 19:33

Thanks for the response. Running the .EXE will do for now.

To clarify, if I do make another account (if I need to play with a friend not on the same LAN) I should be fine as long as I un-rank all matches?
Fomortiis
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Fomortiis

Postby PhilipJFry » 10 Aug 2018, 19:40

you don't need to make a new acc for that - just play with your regular acc
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander